Used Motor Controller Wanted

IF YOU ARE NOT A FINANCIAL MEMBER OR YOU HAVE LESS THAN 30 POSTS AND YOU POST ANYTHING FOR SALE, IT WILL BE DELETED.
Forum rules
All may view this forum, only AEVA Members may post here.
StudentEV
Groupie

Post by StudentEV » Tue, 28 May 2013, 23:19

Hi all,

Just putting the feelers out for a motor controller.

For a series wound DC conversion running on a 125v battery. Our budget was $1000 for the build, we're nearly over half that and want to spend a few hundred on a half-decent controller (This may sound petty, it's not that we don't have the money to buy a more expensive one, just that we set out to do the conversion on a budget to see if it's possible, and we want to stick to that.)

Any offers or leads let me know!

Thanks
Tom
1981 Daihatsu Handi EV Conversion - Work In Progress

studentev.blogspot.com.au

antiscab

Post by antiscab » Tue, 28 May 2013, 23:56

you could drive the motor as if it were a shunt motor, assuming you are keeping gearbox and clutch.

That would allow you to use a contactor for the armature (an EV200 would probably do) and a small controller like this one for the field:
http://kellycontroller.com/kdz2440012v- ... p-943.html

you will need a decent 12v though - either strong dc-dc and or 12v battery

Matt
Matt
2017 Renault zoe - 25'000km
2007 vectrix - 156'000km
1998 prius - needs Batt
1999 Prius - needs batt
2000 prius - has 200 x headway 38120 cells

StudentEV
Groupie

Post by StudentEV » Thu, 30 May 2013, 22:19

Not keeping clutch unfortunately... Just using a coupler to join the gearbox and motor spline... Great idea though!

StudentEV
Groupie

Post by StudentEV » Thu, 13 Jun 2013, 18:28

I've had another think about this matt, when you say keeping the clutch... I still actually have the assembly... Would the clutch need to be working? I assumed this initially, then thought maybe it wouldn't be necessary to have a working clutch?

Johny

Post by Johny » Thu, 13 Jun 2013, 18:35

antiscab wrote:That would allow you to use a contactor for the armature (an EV200 would probably do) and a small controller like this one for the field:
Matt, powering the armature with very little or no field current just results in massive current with almost no torque. I can't see that as a solution at all Image

EVMark1
Noobie

Post by EVMark1 » Fri, 19 Jul 2013, 18:46

Hi,

Not sure if you're still looking, but I might have just what you're looking for! I have a LogiSystems 1000A 144v controller sitting in a box and (literally) being used as a door-stop.

It's brand new (or possibly a re-pack) and was sent to me as a warranty replacement for the first one which failed. By the time it arrived I'd already moved to AC!

Be warned though, these controllers aren't known for their reliability and I believe the company itself closed down. My guess is that it'd be fine for around 400 amps if it was cooled properly. Also, make sure your master kill switch is within easy reach!

Shipping should be around $60, make me an offer and its yours :)