PRICE CUT- Selling 2010 Blade Electron $20,000 ONO

IF YOU ARE NOT A FINANCIAL MEMBER OR YOU HAVE LESS THAN 30 POSTS AND YOU POST ANYTHING FOR SALE, IT WILL BE DELETED.
Forum rules
All may view this forum, only AEVA Members may post here.
berniehobbs
Noobie

Post by berniehobbs »

Hi everyone - I've reduced the asking price on my Mark IV Electron.
I had posted it on the site 2 weeks ago at $23,000 but I'm happy to sell for $20,000 or consider reasonable offers.

It has only done 13,938km, is registered until June 2013 and is in good condition. I’m a big fan of electric cars, but since Blade Electric Vehicles went into liquidation last year I can’t afford to have our only car not covered by a warranty, especially as I’m based in Sydney and there’s no experienced service provider here. The car is in Melbourne – contact me if you’d like to test drive.
hobbs.bernie@abc.net.au

Information about support for Blade Electron owners
http://blade.id.au/

You can read about my car here
http://blogs.abc.net.au/nsw/2010/06/i-l ... c-car.html
and hear an interview I did (while driving it) here
http://blogs.abc.net.au/nsw/2010/06/i-l ... c-car.html

Happy silent motoring!

g4qber

Post by g4qber »

hi bernie

i thought you were going to give it to your nephew?

berniehobbs
Noobie

Post by berniehobbs »

Hi g4qber,

That was indeed the plan when I first got the car - when I thought I'd own if for 10 years, 5 of it under warranty.

My experience with the car isn't one that my nephew wants to take on - off the road for a week on average 3 times per year while local auto electricians took instruction from Ross Blade over the phone to diagnose and repair the fault. This is also the reason I want the car sold in Melbourne, where repairers are trained and Ross is only a few hours away.

As you know, my 'nephew' answer was in response to a question in an interview - when I was asked how I felt about buying a car that would lose considerable value on resale. I gave my old corolla to he & his family and that seemed a good retirement plan for the Electron too! None of us who bought Blade Electrons expected that the company would be insolvent within 2 years, and the car's resale value would plummet.

If anyone has any suggestions for me about alternative futures for my car that might help me repay some of the $30,000 I borrowed to invest in our EV future I'd really love to hear from you! If you know of an organisation that would be happy with a mostly reliable electric car, and which is able to afford having it off the road for several days when it needs attention, please let me know - generous discount on price for not for profit/sustainable organisations.

cheers,
bernie

g4qber

Post by g4qber »

Hi Bernie

hopefully you may decide to keep Frank with this info.

here is Ross's reply about servicing in Sydney:

Hi Joseph,

Service and support in Sydney is provided through Denmor Automotive Services in Lane Cove. They offer combined auto electrical and mechanical service:

Sydney: Denmor Automotive Services - Since 1968
694 Mowbray Rd
W Lane Cove NSW 2066
www.denmor.com.au
(02) 9428 2242

Regards,

Ross Blade
CEO
EV Corporation Limited
Level 9 440 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000

Ph: 03 8678 1815
Mb: 0410 49 2195
Em: ross@evcorporation.com.au
Wb: www.evcorporation.com.au
Last edited by g4qber on Tue, 05 Mar 2013, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.

berniehobbs
Noobie

Post by berniehobbs »

Hi Joseph,

That's the first I've heard of these repairers - they weren't in the picture when Ross had me ship the car to Melbourne for final repairs in July last year.

And no, I won't be keeping the car. For starters I'm not in a financial position to have money tied up like that. And if I do have money in a car it needs to be reliable - we've gotten by with bicycles and car share for a year now and will continue to do that while I sell the car and save for an eventual factory made electric replacement.

I'm happy that I invested in Australian-made electric vehicles, but I don't have the "my car's not working, that's interesting" early adopter temperament! One expensive prototype is enough for my lifetime!

If you know of anyone who's interested in buying an Electron I'd be very happy to hear from them.
cheers
bernie