For sale 2010 Blade Electron Mark IV $23,000

IF YOU ARE NOT A FINANCIAL MEMBER OR YOU HAVE LESS THAN 30 POSTS AND YOU POST ANYTHING FOR SALE, IT WILL BE DELETED.
Forum rules
All may view this forum, only AEVA Members may post here.
berniehobbs
Noobie

Post by berniehobbs »

Hi everyone, the time has come for me to sell my much loved white Electron.

It has only done 13,938km, is registered until June 2013 and is in good condition. I’m a big fan of electric cars, but since Blade Electric Vehicles went into liquidation last year I can’t afford to have our only car not covered by a warranty, especially as I’m based in Sydney and there’s no experienced service provider here. The car is in Melbourne – contact me if you’d like to test drive.
hobbs.bernie@abc.net.au

Information about support for Blade Electron owners
http://blade.id.au/

You can read about my car here
http://blogs.abc.net.au/nsw/2010/06/i-l ... c-car.html
and hear an interview I did (while driving it) here
http://blogs.abc.net.au/nsw/2010/06/i-l ... c-car.html

Happy silent motoring!

jonescg

Post by jonescg »

Hey Bernie! Great to have you on our forum! Good luck with the sale, I'm sure someone who is keen on EVs and doesn't mind tinkering (a little) would appreciate the Electron.

Cheers,
Chris
AEVA National Secretary, WA branch chair.

berniehobbs
Noobie

Post by berniehobbs »

Thanks Chris - it's nice to be here! And yes hopefully my little car Frank will find a new home with someone with a penchant for tinkering.
cheers

g4qber

Post by g4qber »

Hi bernie
I sent you emails but they probably went into your spam box
I have listened to your podcasts about 5x now

Will you be getting another ev?
Last edited by g4qber on Sat, 09 Feb 2013, 22:53, edited 1 time in total.

berniehobbs
Noobie

Post by berniehobbs »

Hi g4qber - you must've gotten teased with that name at school!

I haven't got any of your emails but I don't check my spam, so maybe they are in there.

Yes our plan is to get another EV - but we'll have to sell this one and save up a bit first!

We've been getting by without a car (bicycles, goget car share and borrowing a friend's car) and will keep this up for a while. I've test-driven the nissan leaf and am very impressed, but it's actually a bit bigger than we need (and $$$ for now). The MiEV is more our size but not sure about ongoing support with them - much lower numbers. The Electron was actually spot on for size, range and ease of charging (10amp, extension cord) - the only issue is that no one in sydney knows how to work on one, and with Blade Vehicles now in liquidation the car needs someone who's worked on them to deal with any repairs (things like a blown fuse can take days to diagnose and replace if you don't know the car).

The key thing I'm after in our next EV is reliability and local service providers.

If you have any suggestions for people who might be interested in buying the car - or making an offer - I'd be interested to hear about them!

cheers
bernie

g4qber

Post by g4qber »

g4qber is a made up alias
I am into macs
eg. g4 cube, hence g4qb
and google needs 6 characters hence g4qber

ross is back with the Blade R Model
http://www.evcorporation.com.au/
http://www.bev.com.au/

have you asked Ross about servicing in Sydney?

check out my review of the imiev
viewtopic.php?title=the-imiev-experience&t=3031

volt
viewtopic.php?title=volt-review-observa ... ips&t=3356
Last edited by g4qber on Wed, 13 Feb 2013, 04:21, edited 1 time in total.

Freetime
Noobie

Post by Freetime »

Without meaning to sound patronising..do you think your concern about warranty or servicing issues outweighs the advantage of holding on to a car that meets all your other needs? I'm not familiar with the components of the blade, but from past reading I get the impression that it was well designed. Are drivers reporting any particular problems that are requiring constant Professional attention for example? Does it require ongoing tune ups or adjustments? Note I'm not a potential buyer unfortunately as I have an EV. I didn't build it but I have learned enough to be relaxed when driving it and have spent ZERO on it, now 6,000kms driven in 5 months. Other than tire pressure and sensible driving,I dearly hope I get no nasty surprises for many years and should that day come would hope the benefits again have been much greater than the inconvenience of getting it going again!. that's my two bob's worth. You may of course have other reasons for selling and that too is fully understandable. Good luck with the sale.

berniehobbs
Noobie

Post by berniehobbs »

Hi Freetime,

Sorry about the delay in replying. That's great that you've had no trouble with your EV - mine needed attention 3-4 times per year. This was often for what turned out to be minor things - like fuses, or worn insulation on a cable connecting batteries - but because there is no trained repairer in Sydney it was always a matter of getting into an auto electrician who then had to work over the phone with Ross (Blade, who designed & made the car). This usually meant the car was off the road for a few days, but in one case it was significantly longer. I know other Electron owners who've been in Victoria, Canberra or Perth where there are trained & experienced and willing repairers haven't had this problem.

The Electron was our only car, and being without a car for effectively a few weeks each year was a serious inconvenience.

I don't want anyone else to end up in this situation, which is why I'm selling it out of Melbourne where repairers are readily available.

Hope your car continues to perform beautifully,
cheers
bernie

gmacd33
Groupie

Post by gmacd33 »

Hey Bernie what are your contact details? I've been contacted by a guy who wants to buy a Blade EV, but can't seem to get onto the forum...
Greg MacDonald
Chief Technical Officer
Lithium Battery Systems