wanted - Used Thundersky 40AH

IF YOU ARE NOT A FINANCIAL MEMBER OR YOU HAVE LESS THAN 30 POSTS AND YOU POST ANYTHING FOR SALE, IT WILL BE DELETED.
Forum rules
All may view this forum, only AEVA Members may post here.
Carv'n Marv'n
Groupie

Post by Carv'n Marv'n »

If anyone has some used (100 - 200cycle) 40AH thunderskys I would be interested in buying up to 6 cells... 1 to replace a dodgy cell in my pack, 4 to bring the voltage up to 60V, and 1 as a spare.

Cheers..
Simon.
Williams Electric - Tilting Trikes

Trev
Noobie

Post by Trev »

Why not buy some new ones? I have some in stock.
Email DrivebyNature@gmail.com for a good price.

Carv'n Marv'n
Groupie

Post by Carv'n Marv'n »

...mixing old and new cells is a problem for the fact that the cells take a few cycles to be 'broken-in'.... The problem I have found is with the charging - the new cells reach a higher voltage more quickly than the rest - and the BMS will stop the charge, leaving the rest of the pack underdone.

EV2Go

Post by EV2Go »

Is it possible to cycle the cells a few times to take the edge off them and fit in better with the existing pack?

Carv'n Marv'n
Groupie

Post by Carv'n Marv'n »

yeah... but I have limited equipment for controlled individual/small pack cell charge/discharge.

...I will probably end up using new cells - just wanted to avoid my current issues of unbalanced pack and charging difficulties due to a new cell in the mix.

I also have a dodgy cell which reaches high voltage far too quick, and discharges far too fast - and gets really hot - releasing that lovely home-cooked lithium smell. Overall performance and range is effected and need to fix issues before riding too much more.