LiFeTech powered Riley XR3 XSO

Post up a thread for your EV. Progress pics, description and assorted alliteration
lithbattboss
Groupie

Post by lithbattboss » Fri, 25 Mar 2011, 21:49

Short video of a Riley XR3 XSO EV powered by only half of its full complement of LiFeTech batteries (turn up the sound on the video!)-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAS4yLmCroA
Where power matters.
XPS Power cells 25C discharge for high performance applicatiopns.
www.lifetechlithium.com

EV2Go

Post by EV2Go » Sat, 26 Mar 2011, 01:05

Seen that before while looking at trike videos. Being he is in America they will probably let him register it.

I have to question his math though. "The battery pack will double in size. This will double the acceleration and range."

If he said this will double the acceleration or range I might be inclined to agree, but not both as "and" implies.

Edit: If it was true then he should have put the second half in first Image
Last edited by EV2Go on Fri, 25 Mar 2011, 14:10, edited 1 time in total.

Johny

Post by Johny » Sat, 26 Mar 2011, 15:27

EV2Go wrote:....he said this will double the acceleration or range I might be inclined to agree, but not both as "and" implies.
I agree. It might increase his range but not nearly double. Considering it has no bodywork, glass etc - so is really light - extra batteries will substantially increase his weight so RR will increase.

Acceleration wise. Low down RPM will not benefit from more cells (unless the lifebatts are sagging badly), and extra weight again will diminish returns from extra voltage being available that would be boosting high RPM torque.
Maybe someone misquoted him...

lithbattboss
Groupie

Post by lithbattboss » Sat, 26 Mar 2011, 16:59

Johny wrote:
EV2Go wrote:....he said this will double the acceleration or range I might be inclined to agree, but not both as "and" implies.
I agree. It might increase his range but not nearly double. Considering it has no bodywork, glass etc - so is really light - extra batteries will substantially increase his weight so RR will increase.

Acceleration wise. Low down RPM will not benefit from more cells (unless the lifebatts are sagging badly), and extra weight again will diminish returns from extra voltage being available that would be boosting high RPM torque.
Maybe someone misquoted him...

I agree with you Johny. Anyway it will be interesting to see how it goes when the body is finished and all the batteries have been fitted.
Where power matters.
XPS Power cells 25C discharge for high performance applicatiopns.
www.lifetechlithium.com

EV2Go

Post by EV2Go » Sun, 27 Mar 2011, 03:25

Wouldn't mind getting a good look at the hydraulic system, it looks pretty cool, not sure how functional it would be over leaving the height set, but still looks pretty trick all the same.