2000 s10 video TEMR

Post up a thread for your EV. Progress pics, description and assorted alliteration
motor guy
Noobie

2000 s10 video TEMR

Post by motor guy » Mon, 17 Jan 2011, 10:09

hello all

my name is kevin constant at topeka electric motor inc. in topeka, ks.
we made a video of our 2000 s10 delivery truck. we use this truck every day for pick ups and deliveries. we use it about 30 - 60 miles each day and then recharge at nite. our most mileage on a single charge was 94.5 miles, with an average speed of 45 mph. we have reached 95 mph on the highway.
carl clark of the electric car co did the video, we had bought the hi power batteries from him and he made the 600 mile trip to our shop to see the truck and make the video. here is the link to you tube. hope you enjoy it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01JHTZThs0I

thanks
kevin constant
topeka electric motor inc
topeka kansas 66606    USA
1-785-233-4750
you can also email: kevin@topekaelectricmotor.com

you can also visit our web site. topekaelectricmotor.com for a gallery of pics.

GRMarks
Groupie

2000 s10 video TEMR

Post by GRMarks » Tue, 15 Feb 2011, 02:34

Great pickup. performance is impresive. Is that typical from a warp 9 ?
Or is the controller adding some extra performance ?

What is the alternator for ? If you use it to charge a 12 V battery then wouldn't the mechanical losses be greater than a DC-DC converter ?
Regards

Glenn Marks

motor guy
Noobie

2000 s10 video TEMR

Post by motor guy » Tue, 15 Feb 2011, 05:53

thanks for the compliment.
i am going to get beat up for this comment, but i will try to answer why we feel there is such good performance.
yes we are useing the warp 9, at 154 nominal voltage, that helps. second reason, is that we have had other controllers on the truck and it never acted like it does now till we put on the soliton, it is wonderful.second to none. and the biggest reason is that we still use the transmission, for torque multiplication, the warp motors are more eff.and have more torque in the lower rpm ranges.

thanks kevin

motor guy
Noobie

2000 s10 video TEMR

Post by motor guy » Tue, 15 Feb 2011, 05:57

sorry i didnt answer the 12 volt question, we use it for the 12 vdc battery. yes you can use a coverter, but we feel that since we are using the trans and staying in the lower rpm ranges, we dont notice any drag on the system.

thanks kevin