Hi All, A hybrid bike inventor in Perth here :).

Introductions, general chit chat and off-topic banter.
cj7hawk
Noobie

Post by cj7hawk »

Hi

My first post to the forum - I've been wanting to make my own EV for commute for some time, but never expected it to be a bicycle -

I posted about it here

So I thought I'd drop in, say hi and introduce my project and see what else people were working on on the forum - :)

The bike is designed for commute use - has a realistic 50km hybrid range max and can run as long as I can add fuel - It's a generator based system, so the internal combustion motor is non-propulsive.

Hope you all like it - :) Comments and thoughts appreciated -

Note: It's fully compliant with WA laws and does not require registration. The system itself has been evaluated technically by WA DoT and can be fitted to both PAPCs (200W standard) and Pedelecs (250W standard). It is considered an electric vehicle. ( REEV or BEVx depending on your perspective ).

And of course, it can run pure-electric, but only has about a 10km range electric - though it does have an economy mode of operation.

Riding this will increase my commute time between 10 and 30 minutes depending on the day - hot day = take longer. Commute range 30km or 60km round trip.

It's quite likely that this may represent the first fully functional and practical series hybrid bicycle in the world -

Regards
David.
Last edited by cj7hawk on Sun, 31 May 2015, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
jonescg

Post by jonescg »

Ah - you work at Altronics right?
AEVA National Secretary, WA branch chair.
cj7hawk
Noobie

Post by cj7hawk »

LoL! No, but I did haunt the place for many years and did apply for a job there once while I was inbetween work ( didn't get the job ).

Most of those electronics, battery, etc are all from Jaycar.

( no, I don't work for Jaycar either ) :)

Regards
David