Spinning Solar Cell

Introductions, general chit chat and off-topic banter.
Stiive
Groupie

Spinning Solar Cell

Post by Stiive » Thu, 28 Feb 2013, 21:56

Johny wrote: I think you really ought to stop now Stiive. I'm quite sure that you would be surprised at the engineering prowess (and qualifications) of some of the folk that you are offending - just stop, OK?

WOW, I really don't think I was being insulting, but regardless, I've deleted my comments.

No offense intended - just some banter

Last edited by Stiive on Thu, 28 Feb 2013, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
Rgds,
Stiive

weber
Site Admin

Spinning Solar Cell

Post by weber » Thu, 28 Feb 2013, 22:19

Hi Stiive. I think we're on the same side. I think maybe I misread what you were trying to say with the Aristotle/Galileo example, and then you misread my response. I don't think I'm in the "camp" you thought I was. I'm on the side of critical thinking and testing by experiment and I assume you are too. I too love to take things apart to figure out how they work, and to build things that work that haven't been built before.

One of the fathers of MeXy the electric MX-5, along with Coulomb and Newton (Jeff Owen).

Stiive
Groupie

Spinning Solar Cell

Post by Stiive » Thu, 28 Feb 2013, 22:32

weber wrote: Hi Stiive. I think we're on the same side. I think maybe I misread what you were trying to say with the Aristotle/Galileo example, and then you misread my response. I don't think I'm in the "camp" you thought I was. I'm on the side of critical thinking and testing by experiment and I assume you are too. I too love to take things apart to figure out how they work, and to build things that work that haven't been built before.

Haha fair enough.

Just FYI, my statement to sometimes 'think outside the box' wasn't directed at you... But was referring to how the inventor spinning a power source to produce AC, rather than later inverting it. I thought it was an interesting principal which was the main reason for posting the article. Anyway, seems you may have taken offense but it was not my intention - thought i'd clear that up.
Rgds,
Stiive

Canberra32
Groupie

Spinning Solar Cell

Post by Canberra32 » Fri, 01 Mar 2013, 01:13

Anyone tried the two way mirror effect yet?
We found it worked on our model solar car in school.
But my god that was forever ago I mean like when solar was a hot rock...