New member from Tasmania

Introductions, general chit chat and off-topic banter.
TheMechwarrior
Noobie

New member from Tasmania

Post by TheMechwarrior »

Good afternoon all

After seeing the results of a work collegue (and aeva site member):viewtopic.php?title=4springs-brumby&t=2418 I've decided to reignite my EV passion.

I currently drive a Prius and for some time I had been keen to give it a 10-20kWh battery upgrade and jailbreak...but for now I'm more interested in converting a road motorcycle with a 10kWh battery pack.

I've built a few bikes from the ground up in the past but this will my first EV! I am excited.

I'll start a thread on this in the appropriate forum in the next day or two.

I appreciate that a place like this exists to allow noobs like myself to become educated in the ways of EV and I look forward to chatting with you all soon.

Cheers for now,

Mech.
Together Each Achieve More

Carv'n Marv'n
Groupie

New member from Tasmania

Post by Carv'n Marv'n »

Nice one Mech. Would love to give it a ride when your done... may be able to help a little as you progress.

Check out the Endless Sphere forums - a lot more information and members to offer advice and get you going on the right track. Things get pretty slow around here (...cue crickets chirping).

Simon.
Williams Electric - Tilting Trikes

TheMechwarrior
Noobie

New member from Tasmania

Post by TheMechwarrior »

Thanks Simon,

I've purchased a Honda ST1100PY (ex police bike).

My first ride in 15 years was from Adelaide to Melbourne last week!

Since the engine is in mighty fine condition I'll keep her that way for now.
Being a Honda I expect it could be a few years before the engine dies...at which time I'll have the perfect donor bike Image

For now I'll just enjoy the thrill of being on the road again on two wheels.

Cheers for now,

Mech.
Last edited by TheMechwarrior on Mon, 12 Nov 2012, 15:54, edited 1 time in total.
Together Each Achieve More

damnedfish
Noobie

New member from Tasmania

Post by damnedfish »

Hi MechWarrior,

Congratulations on a mighty fine purchase of motorcycle.
I am a fellow Tasmanian, although from the other end of the state, who is thinking of converting a motorcycle.
I am currently a rider, with only experience on the LAMS approved '83 GSX250, and '97 GSX250F Across, and more recently (last couple of years) my own '83 GSX550.
I have had plenty of thoughts on converting an Across, because of the uniqueness of the bike (FRUNK = Front Trunk, where fuel tank would normally be, a 12L tank in front of rear wheel).
Although I like having the range from an ICE, I like the idea of a very cheap (to run) motorcycle, without constant tuning, engine mechanical problems.

By the time all my research is done into what parts I'm going to fit, and how it can be done (+ pre-approval), I will hope to have the funds to begin project.

You, on the other hand look like you will have no shortage of space on such a big bike. I am about to begin reading your Build log.

Damnedfish