FBT to be applied to employees parking

Introductions, general chit chat and off-topic banter.
Nagaman

FBT to be applied to employees parking

Post by Nagaman »

Dealerships are facing even more costs it appears……..as if they haven’t got enough dark clouds approaching :
https://premium.goauto.com.au/fbt-dealer-parking-shock/
drlizau
Groupie

Re: FBT to be applied to employees parking

Post by drlizau »

It's another world out there....where I live we have no commercial car parking, no meters or whatever, so there is no financial benefit to any employee for getting free parking at work.
Why do all those people drive to work anyway? Of course anytime I've suggested to someone who works in a car dealership that they walk or cycle to get to work I get looked at really odd. It's a car dealership, people who work there are supposed to use cars.
Plenty of opportunity to change people's habits here ;)
2017 Leaf 30kWh battery
2nd hand Japanese import
Solar powered as much as practical
HuffnPuff
Groupie

Post by HuffnPuff »

So you provide space for staff parking like the council says you must at DA level and then you get charged extra because you have it? Mixed messages there.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Interesting ... when I worked for a short while at a dealership, the sales people had parking spots as did the manager of each section, all other employees had to park on the road or in the empty block across the road. None of these spots had markings to say whose spot it was, first in best dressed, only the bosses had identified parking spots. The catch was, all these parking spots were for demo vehicles, it was probably a FBT thing regarding having the use of a vehicle as part of the salary package, but the parking spot was actually for the dealership's demo cars, not private cars ....

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn