Where are all the SA EV heads?

For South Australian Members of the AEVA
Forum rules
All may view this forum, only AEVA Members may post here.
DVR
Groupie

Post by DVR »

??? What Calender???

So long and thanks for all the fish.
snakattak
Noobie

Post by snakattak »

Hi and thanks for having me - you'll be sorry!

"What Calendar?" try this http://tinyurl.com/6yumy6

If you would like to attend the meeting mentioned by "Nick" please drop me a private reply with your email address and I'll put you on the mailing list. and keep you updated, but opening the calendar item on August 6 will reveal the present status.
All are welcome but a reply to indicate your intended attendance would be helpful to ensure we are all catered for.

Cheers, Mike

Adelaide EV Events Calendar is here: http://tinyurl.com/6yumy6
gus405
Noobie

Post by gus405 »

Hi just to let you know , I'm sure there are a lot of Ev converters quietly going about their business in the back shed. I for one have just completed the conversion of a small 4 door car and have been commuting to the city and back for the past 2 weeks. Performance is everything I expected, curently top speed has been 90kph, and range 25 to 30 ks. The car is quite happy to cruise along at 60kph drawing 100amps.
This is most definitley the way of the future, and sitting quietly at the lights in amongst all the fume belching oil burners you can't help but wonder why there arn't more of us out there...there will be...
DVR
Groupie

Post by DVR »

GUS!!!
Well done mate Image
Hope to see your car at one of the meetings soon
What are your cars details? Donor?, motor controller, batts etc?

So long and thanks for all the fish.
gus405
Noobie

Post by gus405 »

FYI, donor car is Daihatsu Move (kept thinking during the conversion this car was designed to be electric!). Motor is ADC K91-4003, controller is Curtis 400amp, vacuum pump (for brakes) 12v DC Thomas, batteries, Commander 115AH lead acid, onboard charger Zivan 96v/27amp. The car also retains the drivers air bag, aircon (via sep motor)and features inertia switch motor & controller isolation, and sealed automatically vented battery box. 6 batteries in the back, 2 up front.Only amp gauge installed as extra instrumentation, but its all I really need as I reset the trip meter after each charge. Basically car looks like any other, and surprises everyone when it silently takes off from the kerb! Cheers