John Cadogan Kona review

News, Press Release, Insider info & EV Promotion Related
brendon_m

John Cadogan Kona review

Post by brendon_m »

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
The dead rising from the grave!
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

A positive review of an EV by John Cadogan. He normally bashes EVs quite hard but this is actually a good bit of positive press

https://youtu.be/w39ALqowjf0
HuffnPuff
Groupie

Re: John Cadogan Kona review

Post by HuffnPuff »

I’d be interested to hear what he has to say, but refuse to give him extra views.
brendon_m

Post by brendon_m »

Yeah it took me a while to strum up the courage but it is actually quite a glowing review, especially coming from him.
He historically had an anti EV stance so a positive review from him brings a lot of weight behind the argument so I say give him the view that way youtube promotes that video to more people.
coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

I was waiting for him to mention DC fast charging, but he never got there.

I wonder if he can change a few minds.

Thanks for the video, @brendon_m, and the wonderful intro. Bring on the brimstone!
Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
1.4 kW solar with 1.2 kW Latronics inverter and FIT.
160 W solar, 2.5 kWh 24 V battery for lights.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.
brendon_m

Post by brendon_m »

I have to come to the table, hat in hand with an apology to John. Youtube in all its wisdom has been recommending me a heap of Cadogan videos and I'm happy to report that his views regarding EVs certainly seems to have changed for the better. Pretty much all his EV review/topics (and he has done a few now) are quite positive and even the rest of the videos are a lot less troll-y and have some really good (and well explained) information

His new format is more sit down engineering talk/explanation and I like it (although it still has a bit of his humour and mannerisms which while I don't mind, I can understand how it might put others off).
francisco.shi

Post by francisco.shi »

He did a review of the ionic a while back and after watching it I would say he really liked the car.
It seems he is very impressed with every electric car he has driven. Almost to the point of appearing he would prefer an EV over an ICE vehicle. He even makes the comment that the range really is not a problem.
Having said that I don't think he will ever want to drive a Tesla even if he was given one for free.
brendon_m

Post by brendon_m »

Actually, one of the videos he mentions that he drove a model S and thought it was really good and gave kudos to Tesla for making such a good car. But he certainly doesn't like the Tesla fan culture and is happy to call Tesla out on their BS, though no more than I think is justified