Better Place Australia Closes.

News, Press Release, Insider info & EV Promotion Related
Adverse Effects

Post by Adverse Effects » Fri, 09 Aug 2013, 04:56

Gabz wrote: it looks like there website is now dead.

while i don't really care about there level 2 chargers there where 4 level 3 dc faster chargers between newcaslte and sydney that sadly no longer work as well. that our (ausgird) money helped pay for.

hahah you got a few tools and some black cloths?

you to can have a level 3 charger at home LOL

since they dont exist anymore they wont miss it

bladecar

Post by bladecar » Fri, 09 Aug 2013, 14:35

Hi All,
As you may have gathered, I believe that this is the start of a whole new era regarding electric private travel and as it develops, we must make every attempt to prevent a "petrol station" mentality from arising.

The petrol station is the norm and has a place, but this norm should be fought with regard to ev's.

The concept of a charging location having to initialise with some overseas organisation is anathema to everything we must aim for. It is akin to only being able to buy powdered milk from Ch*na one day (oh happy day) once Col*s, Woolw*rths and anything else that can muscle in, has destroyed that industry and many others to come.

The idea of needing compatible connectors for different equipment is bullsh*t with a capital B and it's great that I don't have to tell you why. This is the start of a great new mainstream way of travelling and we mustn't let them fu*k it up. When that EVSE cable curls (even though you paid 4 times more for the non-curl version), you will know that we have failed. And as you know, industry designs a product and then reduces its quality to the point that they think the customer will not reject outright and which mixes it with the other mediocre competitors of their type. I agree with the british motorcylce magazine writer who said he only buys very good (but expensive) equipment once and then doesn't need anything else (ps it's the neighbour who has this gear, not me).

p.s. Hi Adverse :) It's good to see you can go off-topic occasionally. As long as it has some relation to the topic and adds a bit to our day.    Image

Edit: Errors, errors. and an addition.
Last edited by bladecar on Fri, 09 Aug 2013, 06:08, edited 1 time in total.

g4qber

Post by g4qber » Fri, 09 Aug 2013, 14:50

http://www.betterplace.com/

Parent website still alive for now

Gabz

Post by Gabz » Fri, 09 Aug 2013, 20:23

Adverse Effects wrote: hahah you got a few tools and some black cloths?
you to can have a level 3 charger at home LOL
since they dont exist anymore they wont miss it

you seen how big these things are need a ute and a crane. and 3 phase power.

Adverse Effects

Post by Adverse Effects » Fri, 09 Aug 2013, 22:45

bladecar wrote:p.s. Hi Adverse :) It's good to see you can go off-topic occasionally. As long as it has some relation to the topic and adds a bit to our day.    Image

not off topic i was talking about the company the tread is about Image Image
Gabz wrote:you seen how big these things are need a ute and a crane. and 3 phase power.

is that all? pffff easy Image Image

electricty4cars
Noobie

Post by electricty4cars » Sun, 08 Sep 2013, 03:12

The industry still has a chance to get back to the game. It may take a few years from now but it is not impossible to do so. There are a lot of wasted opportunities that were unseen. Also, if the government could support the idea, everything will be better.
Last edited by electricty4cars on Mon, 09 Sep 2013, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
Visit www.electricity4cars.com to Download EV Conversion Guide