Tesla Roadster in Targa Tasmania!

News, Press Release, Insider info & EV Promotion Related
Rattrap
Groupie

Post by Rattrap » Wed, 06 Apr 2011, 21:02

Hi all,
This was quite a surprise to me, i knew nothing about a Tesla roadster racing in Targa Tasmania this year until 2 of their reps turned up at the local community shed today looking for a 32A, 3 phase power outlet to charge their roadster when they were racing in this area. Sadly i missed the car today as time constraints meant i was away from town when the car was in the area, also we don't have a 32A outlet suitable at the community shed. I would have been over the moon to have offered a tiny bit of support to the Tesla team. I am still hoping that i will be able to catch up with the car tomorrow(Thursday) or Friday tho Friday is going to be tough for me as i am having a solar power install done on the same day. If i can manage to catch up with them i'll take a few pics & post them for any that are interested.
I am really stoked to see an EV racing in Targa this year, i always felt that with the short legs involved with Targa it would be an ideal venue to show off just what an Ev can do.
Fingers crossed i can catch up with them, its not often/ever that Tasmania gets to see an EV.

Johny

Post by Johny » Wed, 06 Apr 2011, 21:05

Shame you missed it - hope you get to see it. I thought Targa had been and gone as I following a Hillman Imp (by followed I mean with interest) a month or so ago.

Rattrap
Groupie

Post by Rattrap » Sat, 09 Apr 2011, 00:37

I got to pop down today while the roadster was in for a charge. Sweeet looking ride, really well finished - as you would expect for $225k on the road. Great couple of guys only too happy to answer my questions & show off the car.
I also had time to pop down to watch the roadster put thru its paces. I have to say, its actually very boring to watch an EV race. Just this silent red/black super sleek car slide by. No engine revving down & up the gears. But it was certainly quick!
Heres a few pics.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage