Victorian Electric Vehicle Trial - DRIVE an imiev

News, Press Release, Insider info & EV Promotion Related
nat1971a
Noobie

Post by nat1971a »

I have tested both the imiev & the nissan leaf. And like all the comments posted so far the nissan leaf was by far the better car. Was REALLY impressed.

leighf
Groupie

Post by leighf »

I just received my rejection email so I don't get one this year.

"Thank you for your application to participate in the Victorian Electric Vehicle (EV) Trial, and your patience in waiting for the outcome of the selection process.

The Department received 2,200 applications from households interested in using an EV through the trial in 2012, but only 60 households could be chosen for this year.

Unfortunately your application was unsuccessful.

There will be further opportunities to participate in the trial during 2013. The next application process for households will be run in partnership with the RACV toward the end of this year. You can then resubmit your details for an opportunity to be chosen for 2013."

Maybe next year.

Leigh

Johny

Post by Johny »

Only 2200 this time.
Well that explains why my wife (Laurel) actually managed to score one this time.
Yes, she was accepted into the trial. We found out a couple of days ago.

Laurel has specifically requested a Leaf and will probably be getting the car somewhere around June/July (2nd round for this year). They want us to have s Smart meter installed before getting the car, so they apparently "fast track" the meter. From what I read from the 2011 trial the gathering of data failed them a bit so they want smart meters involved so they can determine household electricity consumption more accurately.

I'm pretty sure the Vogue will be on the road (or very near) by the end February (VASS Engineer is involved now) so our household electricity consumption will be pretty high off peak.

She is REALLY excited, also feeling a bit superior that she got one when I couldn't. Image

The Vogue will be miffed. Image

That'll teach you to post reminders about the trial Leigh Image (I was waiting to re-enter anyway).

Sheany
Noobie

Post by Sheany »

We missed out this trip aswell :( more incentive to get mine EV on the road then methinks