E-Formula Extreme - Sydney presentation

Where hooligans go to get AMPED
a4x4kiwi

Post by a4x4kiwi » Wed, 24 Mar 2010, 03:50

Hi all,
I originally posted this in the Sydney area and realise it will may be of interest to those nationally.

At the next Sydney meeting on the 13th of April, there will be a presentation from Grant Cresswell, one of the organisers for the Motorcycle Formula Extreme series.

Below is an overview of the presentation and the event that is being planned.

If you are interested in participating, or supporting, this is a great opportunity to be part of an Australian first.

===================

The promoters of the nationally televised Australian Formula Xtreme
Motorcycle Road Racing Championship series feel its time to take the next
step in a carbon neutral motorcycle road racing event by actively
encouraging the development of Electric Motorcycle racing in Australia. In
2009 in an Australian and possibly world first carbon offsets where utilised to produce the first carbon neutral motorcycle road racing series. While this was a positive first step, it really didn't support the development and evolution of our passion, to foster an affordable environment that encourages great motorcycle road racing in Australia at domestic and championship levels while show casing new and future technologies.

To this end we are adding an Electric class to augment the traditional
petrol powered racing at two rounds of our premier Australasian FX
Superbike Championship Summer Series in late 2010, possibly at round one at
Eastern Creek (NSW) Dec 3-4th and round two Wakefield Park (NSW) Dec
11-12th or the series finale at Winton Raceway (Vic) Dec 17-18th.

We have already been working on developing sponsorships, including free to
air television time and investigating possible rules and regulations.

Our past success over the past 14 years is a result of ensuring all who get
involved in this sport enjoy it and want to continue, we are therefore
looking for potential stake holders who can build, support, ride, sponsor
or officiate at some level for this new class at these events.

Our partners in this venture and series are very significant , ARDC
(Eastern Creek Raceway) , Wakefield Park Raceway, Winton Raceway and AVE
Productions (Television Production).

While we have had some interest from overseas manufactures/entrants, its
very important that we see significant Australian technology,skills,
talent, competing and involved.
Silicon is just sand with attitude.

Blog: http://malfunction.faed.name

Electrocycle
MSN: dumhed@dumhed.com

Post by Electrocycle » Fri, 26 Mar 2010, 00:05

They better not break my lap record!
The Engine Whisperer - fixer of things

a4x4kiwi

Post by a4x4kiwi » Fri, 26 Mar 2010, 00:57

You will have to go back and try and beat it, and everyone else. Image

Electrocycle

Post by Electrocycle » Fri, 26 Mar 2010, 01:09

hmm
anyone want to sponsor? :)

a4x4kiwi

Post by a4x4kiwi » Fri, 26 Mar 2010, 18:32

OK this is what yall have to beat. Zero Motorcycles

Electrocycle

Post by Electrocycle » Fri, 26 Mar 2010, 21:42

being competitive with those isn't a problem except for the cost :)

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Thu, 01 Apr 2010, 22:58

I reckon I can beat a Zero. Just have to finish my bike...
AEVA National Secretary, WA branch chair.

a4x4kiwi

Post by a4x4kiwi » Wed, 14 Apr 2010, 15:08

The presentation at the Sydney branch by Grant was well received and there was a lot of interest in individuals and groups completing bikes for the series in December.

Grants contact details are:

Phone: 0418 242 142
email: grantc@formula-xtreme.com.au

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Wed, 14 Apr 2010, 20:11

I might just have to register for that Image

Thalass

Post by Thalass » Thu, 29 Apr 2010, 00:01

Man, it'd be great if they came to Barbagello. I'd have to have a crack at it. :D
I'll drive an electric vehicle one day.

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Sat, 08 May 2010, 20:41

These guys are actually talking with TTX-GP with a view to organise the Australian round of the TTX-GP. Bring it on!

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Sat, 20 Nov 2010, 18:33

I just got this reply from Grant Cresswell about eFX. Finally! Australia might have an e-moto class race!

Hi Chris

The good news, eFX is happening next year (hopefully with TTXGP), the current provisional calendar is as follows:

Rnd 2 of FX, 2 stakedown/grading eFX races Wakefield Park Raceway (NSW) 29th April - 1st May 2011
        Friday practice, 1 Qualifying session Sat morning, 1 Race Saturday, 1 Race Sunday
(Rd3 FX) - Rnd 1 eFX 2 Races Eastern Creek Raceway (NSW) 1st - 3rd July 2011
        Friday practice, 1 Qualifying session Sat morning, 1 Race Saturday eFX, 1 Race Sunday TTXGP/eFX
(Rd4 FX) - Rnd 2 eFX 2 Races Winton Raceway (VIC) 2nd - 4th September 2011
        Friday practice, 1 Qualifying session Sat morning, 1 Race Saturday eFX, 1 Race Sunday TTXGP/eFX

We are currently trying to finalise the arrangements with TTXGP, their 'International' expectations don't favour our Australian 'affordable' racing model, but we have spent significant effort in working through the issues with them and do expect to find common ground by our deadline of early next week.

Whatever the outcome with TTXGP, eFX will be on and the Sunday race televised on Free to air SBS Speedweek and Fox as part of our 2011 FX series.

Once the arrangements between eFX and TTXGP are finalised we will then know how to proceed with the format/classes/rules/regs etc.

I'll keep you posted, keep a eye on our website www.formula-xtreme.com.au for 'Official' announcements and news.

Regards Grant Cresswell
eFX

Thalass

Post by Thalass » Sat, 04 Dec 2010, 08:56

Nice! I look forward to it!
I'll drive an electric vehicle one day.

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Fri, 10 Dec 2010, 17:57

And I just got word from the MCRCWA that I can race with them if I like:

"Hi Chris,
The committee agreed to allow you to run your bike at our meetings with the modern bikes, you and your bike will need to go through scrutineering and be race prepared as per Manual of motorcycle sport. You will need be a member of an affiliated club, HCMC or MCRC member and hold a race licence, you will also be required to wear a orange bib at the first meeting or until the club coach is satisfied that you are circulating safely.
You will need to demonstrate that the bike is safe & the risk of electric shock to riders or officials has been reduced to an acceptable level. Some sort of independent electrical safety certification would be preferred.
In the event of a crash the throttle must close, the bike motor must stop, a kill switch must be installed and a lanyard to disconnect the batteries via a circuit or similar device.
How heavy will the bike be?
If you have any problems with any of the comments, please let me know so as a club we can try to resolve the problems.
Regards
Adrian"

Catavolt
Groupie

Post by Catavolt » Wed, 22 Dec 2010, 20:08

THE NEXT GENERATION OF MOTORSPORT
ZERO CARBON CLEAN EMISSION RACING

NEWS RELEASE:

TTXGP – The eGrandPrix announce partnership with the Australian FX-Superbike Championship

The Australian FX-Superbike Championship is a national series covering 6 rounds, starting in mid March and ending in early November. In 2011 they will partner with TTXGP to include electric superbike racing for the first time creating an Australian national e-championship. Running to the TTXGP Rule book and incorporating both the TTXGP and TTX75 classes, the new eFX Championship will be an exciting addition to the TTXGP family. Australia has a very active EV community so we are sure to see thrilling racing on innovative platforms.

Commenting on the partnership Azhar Hussain, Founder and CEO of TTXGP said “we are very excited to be working with ARTRP and help launch a new national electric championship. eFXC/TTXGP will be a fantastic opportunity for anyone wishing to join the growing group of EV racers as well as sponsor a new, exciting, high profile race series. ARTRP is both pioneering and hugely successful; they make an ideal partner for TTXGP to work with and help nurture a fast growing electric race series.”

Terry O'Neill the Managing Director of ARTRP (series promoter) comments "We are very excited to be part of the expanding world of TTXGP electric motorcycle racing. We have always been involved in innovative ideas to further motorcycle racing in Australia, we started by having the first motorcycle carbon neutral racing events in the southern hemisphere and now by encouraging the local EV patrons to get involved building and racing motorcycles."

"It seemed logical to be partnering with TTXGP and having spent a long time discussing with Azhar, our and his visions, the decision was simple"

The series will be nationally televised on the very popular free to air SBS Speedweek and also on the Fox cable network as well as be distributed with all TTXGP programming across the world. The TTXGP World Series will also be available in Australia.

eFXC/TTXGP winners will be invited to attend to the TTXGP World Series Final 2011 for a chance to become TTXGP Champions 2011.

eFXC/TTXGP dates for your calendar are as follows:-

2011 Australian FX-Superbike Championship

Test Session: Wakefield Park Raceway (NSW) 29th April - 1st May 2011

Round 1: Eastern Creek Raceway (NSW) 1st - 3rd July 2011

Round 2: Winton Raceway (VIC) 2nd - 4th September 2011

Round 3 Wakefield Park Raceway (NSW), 8-9th October 2011 TBC

More information or High Res Photos:
TTXGP:    (e): press@egrandprix.com <mailto:press@egrandprix.com>    (t): +44 (0)870 445 0111 (w): www.egrandprix.com <http://www.egrandprix.com>

Notes to editors:

1.About FX-Superbike Championship:

The series is designed to keep racing costs as low as possible while providing what most would call the best run events in the country. Terry O’Neill said “The FX-Superbike Championship is attractive to many racers who want to compete in an affordable level playing field championship that provides massive track time and lots of racing. The average competitor who races in the six FX-Superbike Championship weekends of racing in 2011 will compete in roughly thirty-six actual races and many of them no matter what class you’re in will be televised nationally on both free to air TV and Pay TV."

The Formula Xtreme (FX) series started life in 1997 and has helped produce many great riders who have gone on to race on the international stage. It has lead the way over many years, introducing great innovative ideas into motorcycle racing in Australia and in some cases internationally, air fence, first intervention vehicles, wireless timing results to riders and teams to name but a few.

2. About TTXGP:
TTXGP, the eGrandPrix is an international race series providing a high profile platform for the development of electric motorcycles, enabling the futuristic technology behind them to be tested in an exciting and challenging way. TTXGP aims to drive low carbon technological innovation forward, to demonstrate that clean-emission transport technologies have matured and can be fun, fast and exciting. TTXGP, the world’s first zero carbon sanctioned motorsport event, was held on the on June 12, 2009. 16 motorbikes from six different countries, including the USA, India, Germany, Austria, UK and the Isle of Man took part in the race.

TTXGP World Series 2010 was been launched with the 3 regional championships across 5 culminating in the TTXGP FINAL/UEM 2010 in Albacete, Spain. In all nearly 30 bikes entered the TTXGP World Series 2010. The Championship 2010 laurels are held by Muench Racing from Germany.

More information as well as race footage can be found on www.egrandprix.com <http://www.egrandprix.com>

Rupal PatelTTXGP Limitedwww.egrandprix.com <http://www.egrandprix.com/>
New Business Director SKYPE: orchagroupNoble House Mount Hill Lane Gerrards Cross SL9 8SU UKEMXGP
M: +44 (0)7961165585F: +44 (0)870 445 0112        TTXGP
rupal@egrandprix.comT: +44 (0)870 445 0111 TEO

TTXGP – the World’s first zero carbon, clean emission eGrandPrix

This email is intended solely for the above-mentioned recipient and it may contain confidential
or privileged information. If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email. You must not copy, distribute, disclose or take any action in reliance upon it.

Think before you (carbon foot) print

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Thu, 23 Dec 2010, 22:05

I was about to post that Image

So I will be seeing you on the track then Mr Catavolt! Image

Catavolt
Groupie

Post by Catavolt » Thu, 23 Dec 2010, 23:16

Yep not sure what class yet maybe the 7.5kwh what about you?

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Fri, 24 Dec 2010, 17:02

Yeah, I'm well in the Formula75 class. Only got 6.2 kWh onboard. I can't afford much more than that Image

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Mon, 03 Jan 2011, 21:12

I see there was a TTX75 rule change allowing 7.5 kWh bikes to be as porky as the open classes (250 kg). If I'd have known that I could have started with a 600 cc chassis and a massive motor! Oh well, I have a light bike, and that should put me at some advantage.

Catavolt
Groupie

Post by Catavolt » Wed, 12 Jan 2011, 23:05

http://www.prlog.org/11212188-enertrac- ... eries.html

Team Catavolt (see link below) an established racing group with electric land speed records to there credit has announced that EnerTrac Corp.
will be the exclusive supplier of motors for Catavolt race bikes in the TTXGP racing series. EnerTrac Corp. (see link below) designs, builds and sells high performance motorcycle in wheel motors (hub Motors). EnerTrac experience with high power hub motors with power levers greater than 30KW peak and Catavolt racing and electric motorcycle building experience will create an amazing racing motorcycle.

By having the motor in the rear wheel of the motorcycle, the engine bay is freed up to carry the maximum amount of batteries possible, this design also allow the batteries to be located low on the bike.

Team Catavolt recognizes the technical advantages of the EnerTrac hub motor drive and the engineering freedom it offers. Keeping the batteries low on the bike give a strong handling advantage.

Catavolt plans on entering three TTXGP races this season
Round 1: Eastern Creek Raceway (NSW) 1st - 3rd July 2011
Round 2: Winton Raceway (VIC) 2nd - 4th September 2011
Round 3 Wakefield Park Raceway (NSW), 8-9th October 2011 TBC

The joint effort of Catavolt and EnerTrac will produce an exciting and competitive race motorcycle.

About:
Catavolt:
visit http://www.catavolt.com.au/
A premiere Australian racing team with land speed records to their credit
EnerTrac corp:
http://www.enertrac.net/
46 Commerce Drive
Farmingdale, NY 11735
631 406-6583
Designs and Manufactures Motorcycle hub Motors, related components and custom Electric motorcycles for the conversion and OEM markets. EnerTrac’s hub motors are designed for motorcycle wheels from 16 to 21 inches.

# # #

EnerTrac sells Motorcycle Hub motors and related components. We welcome any qualified builder, be it hobbyists' or OEMs' to explore using EnerTrac products to build Electric motorcycles that are fast and fun to ride.

It is often the case, that EnerTrac can save the OEM huge dollars in R&D and offer a domestic parts warranty. Currently EnerTrac targets full size motorcycles in the light to mid-weight category, with a wheel size between 16 to 21 inches. EnerTrac has done extensive modifications to the standard motor for OEM use and can turn the stock motor into an OEM specific design.
EneraTrac is Located in New York and can be reached at

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Thu, 13 Jan 2011, 01:07

Any word on registrations for the Australian round yet??

woody

Post by woody » Thu, 13 Jan 2011, 02:00

Congrats Egg + Catavolt team!
Planned EV: '63 Cortina using AC and LiFePO4 Battery Pack

Catavolt
Groupie

Post by Catavolt » Thu, 13 Jan 2011, 04:23

jonescg wrote: Any word on registrations for the Australian round yet??

No they're taking their time

Wellsey
Groupie

Post by Wellsey » Fri, 11 Mar 2011, 05:58

Don't know if You're still looking but I found a link that has the Registration form in it.

http://www.formula-xtreme.com.au/xtreme ... enDocument

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Sun, 03 Apr 2011, 01:19

I'm booked in!!!