Who's going to the Moke Onwners meeting

For Victorian Members of the AEVA
Forum rules
All may view this forum, only AEVA Members may post here.
moemoke
Groupie

Post by moemoke »

I see someone from the AEVA is going to the Moke Owners Association meeting in October, I would love to attend but wife is working that night. What is going to be discussed, apart from their Electo Moke?

grinners
Noobie

Post by grinners »

Hi Everyone,

Im new to the electric vehicle scene but the first thought i had for a donor car was an old moke shell i know of that is sitting in a mates back shed!

If somone is already doing this i would love to get in touch with them.

Is this an AEVA member, or a Moke owners association member who is working on an electric moke?

If somone could point me in their direction that would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike
Last edited by grinners on Tue, 30 Sep 2008, 20:12, edited 1 time in total.

moemoke
Groupie

Post by moemoke »

Mike, Some guys from the AEVA were giving a talk on EV's last night and to maybe help restore the Electro Moke. the MOA have an electric Moke that was built by Johns Perry ( a lift manufacturing company)
It was built back in the early 80's (They built 3 or 4 I think)and as such it is old tech, It has 2 huge motors with chain drive to the front axles, It uses forklift contacters as a speed controling device.
I think it has space for 14 batteries in the back,
I have some photos somewhere. how to I post them here
A frind of mine (Terry on the Moke forum) also has the makings for an elec Moke with a ADC 120V motor, curtis controller etc but the guy he got it off was fitting the motor to the Moke gearbox. We have been trying to work out how to make that setup work but I dont think the gearbox will survive to long, There is a guy on ausmini doing an elec mini using a Suzuki Swift gearbox which I think is a much better idea, he also has footage on youtube, goes very well Image .
Of course a Moke would be better.

woody

Post by woody »

Maybe you can get the green moke from top gear australia, which may not be running so well after its swim with the sharks.
Planned EV: '63 Cortina using AC and LiFePO4 Battery Pack