Purchase of a Headways - How to buy & Air freight

For New South Wales Members of the AEVA
Forum rules
All may view this forum, only AEVA Members may post here.
ibruinsma
Noobie

Post by ibruinsma » Mon, 14 Feb 2011, 14:57

OK I am ready to organize a group buy my batch of Headways for the Sydney Members. Is there anyone else out there that wants to join in an pool the shipping costs? It is typically about $1000 shipping for a large amount, if we can get 4 of us, we can pool together - then it is a great deal.

....15th March ....... Edit... Edit...

See next follow up post...

Email me privately: ibruinsma@bcsinnovations.com.au

Ian (Smart Car).
Last edited by ibruinsma on Tue, 15 Mar 2011, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Bruinsma (SmartArseEV)

Find my conversion of a smart car at Facebook: SmartArseEV

ibruinsma
Noobie

Post by ibruinsma » Tue, 15 Mar 2011, 22:55

OK, I have gone with a different option... I did the lowest cost economy to Sydney Airport option with the Chinese Headway supplier. It ended up only slightly higher than sea freight, and the batteries arrived within less than a week.

Economy air option means that they will ship it on the next empty flight (it could take up to a week – mine was 1 Day). It took a bit if sorting with the Chinese Headway supplier, but he saved me heaps of money that way.

Here is the process:

1) Get your quotes from Chinese Headway supplier (ask for lowest cost air freight delivery). Make sure it is clear which Airport you are collecting them from. i.e. Sydney Mascot Airport. Provide your mobile Phone number to the request for quote, so that you are called when the arrive.

2) Bank transfer the money to china (do this by going into the Bank and doing it over the counter - Small fee involved).

3) Confirm that the money gets to china (Send a copy of the receipt to them) – Takes 1 to 2 days.

4) Get an AirWay Bill (AWB) from China by email. This is the same as the "Bill of Lading."

5) Get an invoice from China (it does not have to be the same amount you actually paid China - but that would be dishonest wouldn't it!!!). The supplier has no problem with this. Make sure the invoice has the Chinese Headway supplier’s company name and address on it. Invoices less than $1000 Au do not pay GST (I think???)

6) Send a copy of the Airway Bill (AWB), the Invoice, and a scan of your license to a Customs Broker, the guy I used was great, low cost and helpful, he did it all in 2 hours. The email should ask them to clear these items through customs. Ask for an invoice.

7) Send Money by bank transfer to the Customs Broker (did not cost much). Send a copy of the Money transfer receipt).

8) The customs Broker will send you a document that authorizes the batteries for pick up.

9) You will get a Phone call from the Import Agent who receives the batteries (make sure you supply the Chinese supplier with you mobile number) when they arrive. My call came before I contacted my customs broker.

They will also tell you how much their receiving cost is (that was not much for mine).

Make sure you get their contact details (phone number) and address for pick up. I could not find them back to know where to pick up from. Plus the Broker will need their details.

You have 2 Days to pick them up or you will pay an additional holding fee.

10) Go to the Receiving agent with a copy of the Customs Clearance document from the Broker. Pay their fee.

11) Pick up your batteries and drive home (No more to pay).

Email me if you want details of the customs broker I used, he was good. I also have a rough Idea of costs involved in:
   Transport (195Kgs),
   Import Agent Fees,
   Customs Broker Fees.
ibruinsma@bcsinnovations.com.au
Last edited by ibruinsma on Tue, 15 Mar 2011, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.

ibruinsma
Noobie

Post by ibruinsma » Wed, 16 Mar 2011, 03:10

I spoke to the Customs Broker and they were happy for me to give their details on this forum for anyone else who wants to use them.

He is:
William Jacobs
http://www.alltradecustomsclearing.com.au/
willj@accf.com.au