Newbie here! Looking for advice on who can certify a conversion in SE QLD SE

Technical discussion on converting internal combustion to electric
OzSpider
Noobie

Newbie here! Looking for advice on who can certify a conversion in SE QLD SE

Post by OzSpider »

Hi, looking to convert a classic car. Want to start by understanding the rules and what a certifier is looking for.

Could you recommend a shop that can certify and add a mod plate in SE Queensland?
jonescg

Re: Newbie here! Looking for advice on who can certify a conversion in SE QLD SE

Post by jonescg »

I reckon @suziauto could help here?
AEVA National Secretary, WA branch chair.
OzSpider
Noobie

Re: Newbie here! Looking for advice on who can certify a conversion in SE QLD SE

Post by OzSpider »

Thanks. Reading some more on this site. Will introduce myself to the Qld branch next Mtg. That should help get things moving in the right direction.
coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

jonescg wrote: Mon, 14 Dec 2020, 11:40 I reckon @suziauto could help here?
Actually, I don't think so, at least not directly. You need a qualified mechanical engineer that is registered for this purpose.

Weber used David Blythe of DBAutotech; I don't know if they're still around. Their web site doesn't seem to work, but that might mean it just ran out of data or some such. Here is the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DB-Autotech-101121804964958/
Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
1.4 kW solar with 1.2 kW Latronics inverter and FIT.
160 W solar, 2.5 kWh 24 V battery for lights.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.
suziauto
Groupie

Post by suziauto »

There are certified engineers about, there are 2 guys we use that are mobile. If you just want to learn how to do a conversion we will be doing sat afternoon classes covering the basics, but pop into the shop any Sat morning and we are happy to chat. The guys we use are about $500 ish to do the certification, some high-end certifiers will charge thousands so its good to ask.

Cheers Graeme
foxint
Noobie

Post by foxint »

Hi Guys,

Since this thread exists, I would like to ask a similar question for Central NSW. I did some investigations a few year ago and the prices varied from as you said $500 to many thousands. Now conversions are more popular so perhaps things have changed.

Any resources out in the bush?

Thank you.

Benz W201 190E 2.6 Sportline.