AEVA Members: your Forum Login (here) is NOT the same as your new AEVA member login.
You do not need to change your existing Forum login.

VW adapter plate CAD for Gearbox

Technical discussion on converting internal combustion to electric
cts_casemod
Groupie

Post by cts_casemod »

Just wondering if any of you guys has ow nows where to find a CAD for an adapter plate or dimensions for a VW gearbox.

I Would like to have one laser cut but have no experience with CAD. I am sure someone on here has done this before?

Thanks, Carlos
Last edited by cts_casemod on Tue, 09 Oct 2012, 02:18, edited 1 time in total.

Huub35
Groupie

Post by Huub35 »

Hello Carlos,

What kind of VW, what kind of transmission, and what kind of motor your are planning to use.

I know that Eric Tischer has done an adapterplate for a 2001 VW Passat and a Siemens AC drive, and did this via CAD, see his website at http://etischer.com/awdev/.

Once he was planning on making this available commercially, so best to check with him.

For Golf/Jetta/Bora/NewBeetle some commercial plates do exist for DC motors, for old Beetles and older porsches apparently also material is available. Most of this you can find via www.diyelectriccars.com webforum.

Regards,

Huub

cts_casemod
Groupie

Post by cts_casemod »

Huub35 wrote: Hello Carlos,

What kind of VW, what kind of transmission, and what kind of motor your are planning to use.

I know that Eric Tischer has done an adapterplate for a 2001 VW Passat and a Siemens AC drive, and did this via CAD, see his website at http://etischer.com/awdev/.

Once he was planning on making this available commercially, so best to check with him.

For Golf/Jetta/Bora/NewBeetle some commercial plates do exist for DC motors, for old Beetles and older porsches apparently also material is available. Most of this you can find via www.diyelectriccars.com webforum.

Regards,

I am looking into VW gearboxes used on big block motors (1.6TD, 1.8T, 1.9D/TD 2.0... There are too many to mention, some examples are 020 or 02A Gearbox.

This is for a 99 Polo Mk3

Huub