Vehicle Certification Changes

Technical discussion on converting internal combustion to electric
polo-ev
Groupie

Post by polo-ev » Fri, 12 Aug 2011, 19:39

My engineering signatory has told me that as of September 30 2011, the current Engineering Signatory System (ECS) will cease & so will the engineering certificates.
It is being replaced with a new Vehicle Safety and Compliance Certification Scheme (VSCCS)however there are no details about it at the moment such as compliance or testing requirements for modifications.
Current signatories have to reapply to the new scheme & there is a new mandatory traing period of 3 months for all certifiers plus it will cost the certifier more to be part of the new scheme.
No-one seems to know what the procedure will be for for a modified vehicle or an ICV that needs certification after October 1, 2011 at this point in time.
In essence, it seems that you will need to get your EV certified before September 30 or face a very long wait with an uncertain outcome.
This only applies to NSW so get in touch with your certifying engineer now!

polo-ev
Groupie

Post by polo-ev » Thu, 18 Aug 2011, 18:15

Update to this.
The RTA in NSW have brought forward the online processing date deadline for the Engineering Signatory System (ECS)to August 22nd 2011.
From Monday, the RTA are apparently not accepting engineering reports via their online system.
Not sure what difference this makes to Engineering Report submissions though.
At any rate, any vehicles not certified before 30th September will have to go through the new Vehicle Safety and Compliance Certification Scheme (VSCCS)& no-one seeems to know any details about it yet!
Last edited by polo-ev on Fri, 19 Aug 2011, 13:32, edited 1 time in total.

gholm
Groupie

Post by gholm » Sat, 20 Aug 2011, 21:07

Groan...that is NOT good news.

I'm easily within a bees dick of getting my van certified and then in the same week, I discover my engineer is off on holidays for 6 weeks, and this change in the certification process falls earlier!! gahh

So... I now have to find an amendable engineer to take a look at my van, instruct me on whether or not I've had/taken good advice to date, and then certify the thing, all within 5 weeks...

Can anyone recommend someone in the Sydney basin? I can comfortable rule out engineers from the lower Blue Mountains if you get my drift.....

Else-wise this poor van may just have a lonely few months ahead of it on blocks in my driveway....sigh

a4x4kiwi

Post by a4x4kiwi » Sat, 20 Aug 2011, 22:53

try consulmotive.
http://www.consulmotive.com.au/

his name is John. he certified my ute.
Silicon is just sand with attitude.

Blog: http://malfunction.faed.name