BYD blade battery

How do you store and manage your electricity?
skyrobsol
Noobie

BYD blade battery

Post by skyrobsol »

hello all :
I have located source of BYD blade batteries it is blade shape 960mm x 90mm x 13mm 3.2V 138.5Ah
only problem what i have is quantity
i must buy 500 peaces for Au $ 68 each

would be anyone interested to join this purchase ?

Les
antiscab

Re: BYD blade battery

Post by antiscab »

I thought the blade batteries were ~200Ah and wider?

is that $68ea shipped here?
Matt
2023 BYD Atto 3 - 21k km
2017 Renault zoe - 147'000km
2012 Leaf - 101'000km - soon to be trialing a booster battery
2007 Vectrix - 197'000km (retired)
2007 Vectrix - 50k km
skyrobsol
Noobie

Post by skyrobsol »

BYD blade battery I have no Idea if this is only battery capacity available or they make different sizes

price per unit is AU $68 plus shipping (cost of shipping is unknow at this stage obviously it will be sea freight)

cost per unit will be total shipping expenses divided by number of batteries shipped
coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

To save others the trouble of saving and viewing the above PDF, it contains just this image.

Ashampoo snap BYD blade.jpg
Ashampoo snap BYD blade.jpg (76.53 KiB) Viewed 2672 times
MG ZS EV 2021 April 2021. Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.
If you appreciate my work, you can buy me a coffee.
skyrobsol
Noobie

Post by skyrobsol »

thank you Coulomb for help with the picture
I new to this forum and I had difficulties to attach simple picture capacity is 135 Ah and 3.2V for this blades
projectgus
Groupie

Post by projectgus »

Hi Les,

Thanks for posting about these! This is interesting to me as I am in the early stages of shopping for batteries as well.

I notice there are Alibaba vendors claiming to sell blade batteries, for example this listing matches the cell you've been shown.

The dimensions and specs match the 443Wh cell that was announced in June 2020 by BYD's battery supplier Fudi (I think the English name of this company might be "FinDreams"). There are some specs here, some copies of slides here, and a summary of BYD's patent here (all Chinese). These batteries are probably used in the BYD Han EV.

If the supplier has these batteries then it sounds like a pretty good deal... My concern is that they might not be genuine, or that they're factory seconds or "ghost shift" products. Because these cells aren't normally sold on the open market I find it easy to believe that they walked out the back door of the factory somehow. I would be interested to know what the supplier says about "C" ratings, internal resistance, or if they can send you any kind of spec sheet.
skyrobsol
Noobie

Post by skyrobsol »

Hello
i have noticed that your link refers to Alibaba and price is in USA $ 58 that is equvalent AU $77

in respect of my source :
I have ask supplier for guarantee of origin and speck sheet
Im also woried about low quality factory reject /gray copies etc.

Im intending to purchase 100 pieces @ 68 each =AU $6800 plus shiping cost These bateries will be as storage for my house option one is (16S6P ) BMS will be 1x Smart Active Balancer 2S-24S 10A Supercapacitor Active Equalizer Balancer APP Li-ion Lipo /Lifepo4
or 16S and BMS smart balancer 2A ( https://www.jkbms.com/product/jk-b2a24s/ x 6 )
https://www.jkbms.com/product/jk-b5a24s/
Im inclining to use BMS for individual 16S1P and have control over each battery block in series
this system works basicly all the time and transfering energy from highest voltage cell to lovest voltage cell with means of supercapacitors

as soon i get reply from supplier I Will post it
Les
projectgus
Groupie

Post by projectgus »

Thanks Les, very interested in what you find out.
skyrobsol
Noobie

Post by skyrobsol »

Just to confirm
Batteries are A grade as used for BYD batterie packs it is interesting that they wanted to sell me B grade for 68 au each and now it is for A grade with certification 73 Au
16 batteries @ 130 Ah will do 51.2 Volts and 6.65 kWh this is for cost of (AU$ 73 each x 16 = AU1168 ) that is reasonable cheap cost of 6.65 kWh pack

Im taking 100 pieces anyone wants to join?
projectgus
Groupie

Post by projectgus »

Sorry, I'm not ready to purchase batteries yet (and I think 960mm be too long for the space I have left available).

For the record, if you're getting quoted 130 or 135Ah now then I would bet these are cells that failed factory capacity testing. Agree it's still a very reasonable cost pack, though - especially for home storage where they will have a very easy life.

Suggest sharing where in Australia you are, for anyone who else might be interested.
Wmfoster2001
Noobie

Post by Wmfoster2001 »

skyrobsol wrote: Sun, 31 Oct 2021, 15:14 Im taking 100 pieces anyone wants to join?
Very interesting project. Did you order the batteries and do you have a delivery date yet?
MrLee
Noobie

Post by MrLee »

Did you buy these? I have found this thread after searching for a way to buy these batteries and I would be keen to hear your experience.