Template letter for a business or commune to install a charging station. Anyone?

How do you store and manage your electricity?
EVdownUnder
Groupie

Template letter for a business or commune to install a charging station. Anyone?

Post by EVdownUnder » Sun, 18 Aug 2019, 17:50

Hi all,

My second post only... As my newly purchased first EV (Kona Highlander) is close to ready, I am on a mission to get my company, my suburb (and all the surrounding ones while I'm at it) to install public charging stations. Would there be a template letter/email somewhere that I can start from with information about who to contact, how much might it cost etc.?
Alternatively, should I contact a charging station installer like Jet Charge or ? myself with suggestions of locations? Any information will be very welcome.

Many thanks,
Patrick
Ceramic blue Kona Highlander - Current stats:
As of 05 Dec 2019 (92 days of ownership)
10'000km at an average speed of 48.0km/h
127Wh/km from new

Bryce
Groupie

Re: Template letter for a business or commune to install a charging station. Anyone?

Post by Bryce » Mon, 19 Aug 2019, 05:20

Hi Patrick-here in Vic we actually have an EV Charging Support sub committee doing that sort of work. We have brochures, signs and advice support to give. We also regularly give public talks on EVSE installation and charging in general, as well as talking to local gov and policy groups. Pointing any interested businesses and communes (Viva la Revolution!) towards the subcommittee will be a great help. Even beter, why not join the sub-committee!
Cheers
Bryce
Chair: Vic EV Charging Support sub-committee
AEVA Vic Branch Secretary
AEVA national newsletter editor
Current EV drives: Kona electric, 2001 Berlingo conversion
Selling: 2011 Leaf
Past drive: 2011 Blade Getz
Past Conversions: DC Berlingo, AC Berlingo, AC Sprinter

EVdownUnder
Groupie

Re: Template letter for a business or commune to install a charging station. Anyone?

Post by EVdownUnder » Mon, 19 Aug 2019, 21:54

Excellent!
I will contact the various places and plant the seed. What is the best method for me to contact the sub-committee?
As for joining, I am currently working 12 hour days, but when/if it slows down in the future I am happy to become a revolutionary.
Cheers,
Patrick
Ceramic blue Kona Highlander - Current stats:
As of 05 Dec 2019 (92 days of ownership)
10'000km at an average speed of 48.0km/h
127Wh/km from new

antiscab

Post by antiscab » Tue, 20 Aug 2019, 06:14

I'm assuming you have already looked at the usual maps, plugshare, nextcharge, recargo and chargepoint?

I do have a friend who works for the Mooreland (I think that's how you spell it) council, who has been able to get a number of stations installed.

He owns a kona too, and previously owned a Zoe
Matt
2017 Renault zoe - 25'000km
2007 vectrix - 156'000km
1998 prius - needs Batt
1999 Prius - needs batt
2000 prius - has 200 x headway 38120 cells

soyachips
Groupie

Post by soyachips » Fri, 04 Oct 2019, 21:37

Hi everyone, is there any material you can share on this as I'm in the same boat trying to find a solution to charging near home as I only have street parking. Trying to get something installed at work as well. I started approaching local businesses to see if they'd be interested in installing charging infrastructure in their carpark for local residents to use when the business doesn't need them. Unfortunately the local council doesn't seem to be very proactive but I plan to keep feeding them with info in the meantime.
Thanks!
Andrew

Bryce
Groupie

Post by Bryce » Tue, 08 Oct 2019, 12:42

EVdownUnder wrote:
Mon, 19 Aug 2019, 21:54
Excellent!
I will contact the various places and plant the seed. What is the best method for me to contact the sub-committee?
As for joining, I am currently working 12 hour days, but when/if it slows down in the future I am happy to become a revolutionary.
Cheers,
Patrick
Hi Patrick - just contact me! I am chair of that sub-committee.

Cheers
Bryce

Bryce
Groupie

Post by Bryce » Tue, 08 Oct 2019, 12:44

soyachips wrote:
Fri, 04 Oct 2019, 21:37
Hi everyone, is there any material you can share on this as I'm in the same boat trying to find a solution to charging near home as I only have street parking. Trying to get something installed at work as well. I started approaching local businesses to see if they'd be interested in installing charging infrastructure in their carpark for local residents to use when the business doesn't need them. Unfortunately the local council doesn't seem to be very proactive but I plan to keep feeding them with info in the meantime.
Thanks!
Andrew
Hi Andrew - wrote recently on this topic for TheDriven. See https://thedriven.io/2019/10/07/how-can ... nner-city/

Cheers
Bryce

soyachips
Groupie

Post by soyachips » Thu, 10 Oct 2019, 14:25

Thanks @Bryce good to see there are other people lobbying their local councils to try and find solutions!