144 volt charger needed

How do you store and manage your electricity?
chris
Groupie

144 volt charger needed

Post by chris »

Not needed anymore as I've had the failed one repaired.

I need a 144 volt charger for floaded lead acid batteries (165AH). Any advise as to where I could source one in Sydney used or new would be appreciated. Must be suitable for mounting in an EV. I am rather new here hence I can not post in the for sale/wanted forum. My current charger died this morning. I hope I am not bending the rules too far by posting here.

Last edited by chris on Sun, 10 Jun 2012, 05:58, edited 1 time in total.
Richo

144 volt charger needed

Post by Richo »

Yikes - flooded batteries for an eV.
No idea for Syndey.
Sorry
So the short answer is NO but the long answer is YES.
Help prevent road rage - get outta my way!
Johny

144 volt charger needed

Post by Johny »

Did it die in a big way or might the right person be able to fix it? It may be faster/cheaper to fix it.
chris
Groupie

144 volt charger needed

Post by chris »

It still looks ok. It triped the fuse and earth leakage detector. Now it just makes a click from one of its relays no other signs of life. It is a Kingpan KP14410KL. Kingpan refuse to supply any circuit diagrams(trade secret!). Not at all happy with it.
lithbattboss
Groupie

144 volt charger needed

Post by lithbattboss »

chris wrote: It still looks ok. It triped the fuse and earth leakage detector. Now it just makes a click from one of its relays no other signs of life. It is a Kingpan KP14410KL. Kingpan refuse to supply any circuit diagrams(trade secret!). Not at all happy with it.
If the charger is less than 12 months old you should get it repaired under warranty. Who did you buy it from originally?
Where power matters.
XPS Power cells 25C discharge for high performance applicatiopns.
www.lifetechlithium.com
chris
Groupie

144 volt charger needed

Post by chris »

EV WORKS . However I have probably voided the warranty by opening it up and fiddling with one of the pots. You would think the biggest city in Australia would have a suiltable charger available. Looks like I will be having it repaired locally if possible. At least the old Zivan charger it replaced died of old age. My luck with "cheap" chinese "quality" products. Fourteen year old EV going strong, eight month old charger not so.
chris
Groupie

144 volt charger needed

Post by chris »

Charger is in for repair. I'm told the failure was not due to my fiddling with it.
Jeff Owen
Groupie

144 volt charger needed

Post by Jeff Owen »

Richo wrote: Yikes - flooded batteries for an eV.

What do you mean by this?
chris
Groupie

144 volt charger needed

Post by chris »

Fixed by a local firm and now back on the road. I was getting withdrawal symptoms driving the falcon.

It's cold having to stand outside pumping expensive fuel into a car. The modern method of plugging in and letting the charger do the filling is far more convenient.