Vectrix Battery

How do you store and manage your electricity?
McCulT
Noobie

Vectrix Battery

Post by McCulT »

Hi
I am new to this forum. I have no hands on experience with electric vehicles other than being the owner of a Vectrix electric scooter. As many of you will know, the manufacturer no longer supports this vehicle in Australia.

My battery range has dropped markedly over the past few weeks. I have been told this might be due to one or two bad cells. I could convert the bike to a new battery of lithium cells but before doing that I would like to investigate the possibility of just replacing or bypassing damaged cells in the existing battery.

I would like to pay someone to have a look at my bike. Is there anyone on this forum in the Sydney area who might be interested in looking at my battery and possibly helping with repairs? Or could you recommend someone? I don't have the expertise to do it myself and I don't have the time these days to try to teach myself how.

thanks
Tim
Catavolt
Groupie

Vectrix Battery

Post by Catavolt »

I think Mal has done one before user a4x4kiwi
Last edited by Catavolt on Mon, 02 May 2011, 07:51, edited 1 time in total.
a4x4kiwi

Vectrix Battery

Post by a4x4kiwi »

Hi Tim,

Mal here.
I am on the Northern Beaches. I have conducted a single cell replacement before on a Vectrix. The parts are also available from the original distributor in Melbourne if you want to stay with NiMH.

Feel free to give me a call on 0409 601 747 if I can be of assistance.

Regards,
Mal.
Silicon is just sand with attitude.

Blog: http://malfunction.faed.name