Calb lifepo4 battery for half price ?

How do you store and manage your electricity?
pirpy
Noobie

Calb lifepo4 battery for half price ?

Post by pirpy »

Where is the catch with this offer?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001081 ... 9976%23925
Renault ZOE R240 upgraded to 41kWh
scooter govecs GO1.2 converted to lithium
Solar installation 11 kWp
20 cow's

coulomb
Site Admin

Re: Calb lifepo4 battery for half price ?

Post by coulomb »

pirpy wrote:
Thu, 18 Jun 2020, 16:18
Where is the catch with this offer?
As far as I know, they haven't been made in the blue cases for about 5 years. It says date of production 2019, but that doesn't seem possible to me.

So my guess is that the catch is that they are old stock. They might work well for a while, but only expect about half the normal lifetime from them, and not full rated capacity.

Edit: they look like my 2009 CALB 160 Ah models, which were also made in 180 Ah capacity in the same case size later on. It's also possible that they aren't made by CALB (CALB clones?), so who knows what the quality would be.
Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
1.4 kW solar with 1.2 kW Latronics inverter and FIT.
160 W solar, 2.5 kWh 24 V battery for lights.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.

T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Keep in mind that is USD not AUD and does not include GST and other possible landing costs, Australia is not mentioned as one of the countries where the import duties are included in the price. The cell age in the box does not effect the useable capacity as a house power set up because the discharge rate is not as severe, but best to establish the CA rate the capacity is tested at because none of the manufacturers or sellers seem to stick to a given standard.
As an example Winston LYP cells are rated at 0.5CA, the capacity discharged over 2 hrs, a recent drop in I was directed to on EvilBay was measured at a C100 rate, or discharged over 100 hrs until fully discharged to below 1v per cell ..... a 100Ah battery under a 1 amp load .... what value is a rating like that?

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn

pirpy
Noobie

Post by pirpy »

I order 32 pieces today and the seller charged me with 239 US$ on top of the price for the 30 % shipping cost increase :(
still good price if the tax for EU is included
He also sell CATL 200 Ah for almost the same price.
The CATL lifepo4 batteries will be in tesla model 3 for chines market.
Renault ZOE R240 upgraded to 41kWh
scooter govecs GO1.2 converted to lithium
Solar installation 11 kWp
20 cow's

Adverse Effects

Post by Adverse Effects »

T1 Terry wrote:
Fri, 19 Jun 2020, 15:48
Keep in mind that is USD not AUD and does not include GST and other possible landing costs, Australia is not mentioned as one of the countries where the import duties are included in the price.
T1 Terry
that is in AUD and free shipping to Oz
LFP4.jpg
LFP4.jpg (230.04 KiB) Viewed 187 times
If you don't have time to do it right,
When will you have time to do it over

Help those who help themselves first

T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Adverse Effects wrote:
Sun, 21 Jun 2020, 07:25
T1 Terry wrote:
Fri, 19 Jun 2020, 15:48
Keep in mind that is USD not AUD and does not include GST and other possible landing costs, Australia is not mentioned as one of the countries where the import duties are included in the price.
T1 Terry
that is in AUD and free shipping to Oz
LFP4.jpg
In the next part down in "About customs duties and Taxes" New Zealand is mentioned, but not Australia, it does say that other countries do not include customs duties and taxes.
We got caught with a 24v split system Air Conditioner, it said shipping was included and we missed the part about customs and taxes. What was supposed to be under $1,000 turned out to cost close to $3,000. The fact we had already paid the $1,000 and if we just walked away from it and bought a household split system for $2,000, we were still out of pocket for the same amount. As it was, it turned out to be a piece of crap so we wasted $3,000 :twisted: After that, I always check all the site to look for the hidden bits

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn