AEVA Organised Drives

Open for any sort of non-technical discussion regarding EVs
smithy2167
Groupie

AEVA Organised Drives

Post by smithy2167 »

Since joining this organisation, I have been surprised that, unlike every other car club of which I've been a member, the AEVA does not have regular organised drives.

It seems a no brainer to me that the opportunity to compare vehicles, try out charge points with expert (?) assistance and to just generally enjoy your vehicle should be a great attraction. Even ICE'd vehicles could be allowed to participate to demonstrate to them the joys of owning an EV.

For example, for me in Melbourne, it could be a half-day run starting from the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, up through the hills to the north-east to RACV Healesville for a recharge/coffee/lunch stop. Then a return run through the Dandenongs to finish things. (Obviously in our current lockdown, this isn't possible. Let's hope this isn't a long term situation!)

What do others think about this?

Regards,
Dave.
Dave
2019 Jaguar IPace
2019 Renault Zoe
jonescg

Re: AEVA Organised Drives

Post by jonescg »

Other branches organize regular drive days, NSW, QLD in particular. Just need to raise it with the branch and get one happening!
AEVA National President, WA branch director.
navydiver
Groupie

Re: AEVA Organised Drives

Post by navydiver »

Great idea. Watching with interest. Not sure how dozens of EVs trying to recharge at the two chargefox spots would work for those who might need to get back :)