Nissan Cube HOT or NOT

Open for any sort of non-technical discussion regarding EVs
Richo

Nissan Cube HOT or NOT

Post by Richo »

Nissan Cube Website
Carsguide Review

And I have to wait 'til 2012 for this Image
So the short answer is NO but the long answer is YES.
Help prevent road rage - get outta my way!
acmotor

Nissan Cube HOT or NOT

Post by acmotor »

Why is it that car manufacturers and EVs is like state politics and commuter rail ? Yes we are all keen to do it but we won't start for 4 years. We'll tell you what we are going to do but it is that far off you getting the product that we will be able to promise it a few more times before then ! Image

BTW how can you claim to review a car that hasn't been made yet. That is like a scientific paper on notyetmadeium.
Give us a break Carsguide, I know the ICE market is dull.
iMiEV MY12     110,230km in pure Electric and loving it !
woody

Nissan Cube HOT or NOT

Post by woody »

I like the looks, but the petrol one weighs more than my Valiant! Why can't they build light cars any more?
Planned EV: '63 Cortina using AC and LiFePO4 Battery Pack
Richo

Nissan Cube HOT or NOT

Post by Richo »

I was told there was an article in the Sunday paper in WA about it.

Yeah that's funny a review on a car not even in production for years.

I wonder with all these new upcoming eV's if the dead line will always be a few years away.
Next year it will be a few years away and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that ...
So the short answer is NO but the long answer is YES.
Help prevent road rage - get outta my way!
Striker
Groupie
MSN: passport2@evilhouse.net

Nissan Cube HOT or NOT

Post by Striker »

*yawn*

1250 kilos? I thought they were touting the fact that it was light?
Drop another 250 kilos, and make an electric version, then I'll be impressed.

--Striker.
"Remember, remember the eleventh of September,
the government treason and plot.
I know of no reason why the government treason
should ever be forgot."
AMPrentice

Nissan Cube HOT or NOT

Post by AMPrentice »

why do EVs built from scratch have to look so dicky and weird?

Cubes have been around for a long time and since Ive been in and
out of japan for the last 5 years Im plainly tired of the cube.
Square and aerodynamics/economy dont mix.

If EVs are to make inroads into the Sheep and cattle industry
they should make an effort to compete with ICE derivatives.

The Tesla has received so much publicity due to its clean and
tried lines.

This is a serious marketting gamble for most departments left in
charge of EVs design.

Make it lighter, make it clean looking, aerodynamic and thats it!!
acmotor

Nissan Cube HOT or NOT

Post by acmotor »

Vehicle manufacturers claim to be so elite with years of educated knowledge of what people want to buy. I think the response here from a seriously warped and twisted minority shows that the manufacturers should stick to manufacture not design as they our out of touch with the new world. Image
AMPrentice

Nissan Cube HOT or NOT

Post by AMPrentice »

acmotor wrote: Vehicle manufacturers claim to be so elite with years of educated knowledge of what people want to buy. I think the response here from a seriously warped and twisted minority shows that the manufacturers should stick to manufacture not design as they our out of touch with the new world. Image

You have to be warped and twisted to know what works with the masses and what road to take to this new world. Image
sparau
Groupie

Nissan Cube HOT or NOT

Post by sparau »

"you'll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the masses" - quoted from who knows where

agree with everything said - you have to think they are shirking making an attractive ev cause of parts / dealership worries.

i mean if they make a simple effective ev - what are you going to go to the dealership for? brake pads and wheel bearings every 50,000km... the odd dead battery...

hardly an economic choice for a company where they get to charge 500% markup for replacement wearing parts - recommended oil changes every 6000km...

IMO - the crop of ev's from the big manufacturers are token efforts to promote the idea that the technology is still x years off being useful !@!
sparau
Groupie

Nissan Cube HOT or NOT

Post by sparau »

NOTE: i have been accused of being a cynic...

but perhaps i'm a realist? cause i get accused of being an optimist more often Image
acmotor

Nissan Cube HOT or NOT

Post by acmotor »

That's the issue sparau.
It is not about the EV technology, it is about the world of economics that rotates around the ICE.
Bend with the wind or cut your own throat, that is the challenge that faces the General. Image

All the more reason to do a conversion. Image
sparau
Groupie

Nissan Cube HOT or NOT

Post by sparau »

acmotor wrote:Bend with the wind or cut your own throat, that is the challenge that faces the General. Image

All the more reason to do a conversion. Image

very succinctly and eloquently put Image Image

i am far from an eloquent person but i'll try and add to that anyway

real change has to come from the individual - as the state is only a reflection of the individuals it is never a leader.

add to it capitalism has two major failings - immediate growth without long plans and zero responsibility to the enviroment that created it.
AMPrentice

Nissan Cube HOT or NOT

Post by AMPrentice »

acmotor wrote: That's the issue sparau.
It is not about the EV technology, it is about the world of economics that rotates around the ICE.

this is really it and until car corps make a mobile phone that can drive you around, that is they can make money with all the removable fashion panels and offering different services they will be releasing things far from the styling of a Tesla of a clean looking car. Theyll style EVs in dicky ways with strange little quirks in every department so they can show their marketing research to the government to complain they should stay with ICE.
TropicalEV
Groupie

Nissan Cube HOT or NOT

Post by TropicalEV »

sparau wrote: - you have to think they are shirking making an attractive ev cause of parts / dealership worries.

i mean if they make a simple effective ev - what are you going to go to the dealership for? brake pads and wheel bearings every 50,000km... the odd dead battery...

hardly an economic choice for a company where they get to charge 500% markup for replacement wearing parts - recommended oil changes every 6000km...

IMO - the crop of ev's from the big manufacturers are token efforts to promote the idea that the technology is still x years off being useful !@!

I think you may well have a valid point there! No body could consider that monstrosity a real effort to sell a car. None will buy it...thus proving that EV's are no good. The market just isn't ready for them..now lets just put aside this sillyness and keep producing what we know best.
The ICE car.

The cube website looks like the art dept' threw up on the computer! I couldn't find anything!.... Image
" I haven't failed..I've just found 10,000 ways that it doesn't work" Thomas Edison while inventing the lightbulb