PERENDEV AND MAGNET MOTORS!

Open for any sort of non-technical discussion regarding EVs
Gow864
Groupie

Post by Gow864 » Sun, 10 Aug 2008, 17:54

Admin,

When I first joined this forum site (my first forum), I was so happy Image great people, excellent advice, and knowledge of practical solutions towards building an EV.

Now, I know that everyone is entitled to their opinion and forgive me if my forum etiquette is off the mark but can we either restrict topics regarding magnet motors and perendev to their own forum? or my preference BAN IT altogether. there are plenty of other forums that deal with thos subject www.fizzx.com, www.steorn.com Image

it seems to almost impsiible to communicate with people that have the belief that such devices work, and lately the subject has been rearing it's ugly head.

Apologies if I've upset anyone.
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Andrew
Groupie

Post by Andrew » Sun, 10 Aug 2008, 21:41

You bring up a good point Gow864.
Everyone on these forums has the right to express their opinion and make suggestions, however, providing they are not making offensive comments that are racial, sexist or personal.

Forums are just an area to chat about ideas. Topics such as Perendev and Magnet Motors are fine to discuss on these forums, especially in the application of Electric Vehicles, but any misleading, inappropriate or illegal advice is not welcome here. Offenders will have their posts removed and possible account suspension.

There are some basic rules for these forums which you can find in the Admin Notices section.

cheers,
Andrew

Striker
Groupie
MSN: passport2@evilhouse.net

Post by Striker » Sun, 10 Aug 2008, 21:54

Here here.

While there is a lot of rubbish "out there" in the world of internetland(tm), there are also a lot of smart people.

If someone posts complete rubbish on a forum, they risk having their posts deleted, or being flamed by the locals.

Gow864:
Some people will believe anything you tell them, and hopefully if someone makes a stupid claim on the AEVA forums, the multitudes of extremely intelligent people here will set them straight fairly soon.

--Striker.
"Remember, remember the eleventh of September,
the government treason and plot.
I know of no reason why the government treason
should ever be forgot."

acmotor

Post by acmotor » Sun, 10 Aug 2008, 22:43

If you post an opinion, be prepared for it to be shot down in flames OR totally supported.

You may learn something, or someone else will.

I've learned a lot.... from small technical details to ground-swell opinions. I've also heard ideas and opinions that make me cringe and shudder. Image

You need to be prepared to debate your idea (otherwise why post it ?) It may be good and worth elaborating on or justifying .... or total rubbish.... or you may simply not get any support. (time to reflect on your thinking ?) Image

Accept feedback, but don't take offence or give it ! Image   
iMiEV MY12     110,230km in pure Electric and loving it !

EV2Go

Post by EV2Go » Tue, 12 Aug 2008, 01:33

Although this was probably a dig at me (which is fine, I’m not easily offended) I do thank Gow864 for the links he provided to those websites, he has done me a big favour.

It would “appear” that most people on the web are full of crap when it comes to free energy, and regardless if the device appears to work, it more than likely really doesn’t.

I think it is sad that some people out there are just making up rubbish and claims that can’t be substantiated just to scam people, and it really reduces my trust in human beings on the whole.

The problem is you just can’t know everything and sometimes you have to take a leap of faith, since I have a limited electrical knowledge, which is the major component of an EV, I am really starting to have second thoughts about building an EV.

jpcw
Groupie

Post by jpcw » Tue, 12 Aug 2008, 18:54

EV2Go,
Nobody is having a go at you. Some of us might sound a little short but that’s just because we have had to go through the same explanations a few hundred times. Every time I tell someone I’m building an electric car I have to go through the entire explanation as to why you can’t hook up an alternator to the wheels and extend the range, why putting solar panels on the roof won’t give you unlimited range etc.

Don’t give up on EV’s though. They do work and there are great ones out on the road. Just try to use proven ideas and designs, pick something that someone has actually put together and see if you can go have a look or a test drive. I got started after going for a test drive in Rob’s Electric Mustang (http://www.evwa.com.au/). That is a real EV with good range, excellent acceleration etc.
Last edited by jpcw on Tue, 12 Aug 2008, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
“The best way to predict the future is to invent it,” Alan Kay 1971

Striker
Groupie

Post by Striker » Tue, 12 Aug 2008, 20:17

jpcw wrote:why you can’t hook up an alternator to the wheels and extend the range
Why can't you hoo.. nevermind..

I'll go read up on that mustang. I love mustangs.

--Striker.
should ever be forgot."

EV2Go

Post by EV2Go » Tue, 12 Aug 2008, 22:05

I haven’t given up on the idea of an EV, and I am perfectly ok with some of my ideas not working out (I have had some excellent mechanical successes, some which have impressed the experts and some no so flash results) a few temporary set backs won’t and can’t stop imagination.

I don’t even see a “non success” as a failure, as I generally find my understanding is increased massively in spite of it not working the way I expected, to me as long as I learn from the experience it hasn’t been a waste of time. Yes sometimes the lost dollars smart a little, but there have been times where I wouldn’t change a thing.

Unfortunately I don’t think I will ever be able to do things the “normal” way, I might be able to learn towards the norm on occasions, but I don’t ever think I will be able to fully do things they way it has always been done.

To not look for a better way to do something is just not in my nature, it never has been and I can’t see things changing now.

I just am feeling a bit disappointed in humanity at the moment, seems like some people take a great idea like free energy and instead of putting effort into finding ways to make it work, they spend more effort trying to work out how to scam people, which ultimately de-motivates and discredit people who may actually develop a real solution.

I might be down at the moment but I am certainly not out Image

acmotor

Post by acmotor » Tue, 12 Aug 2008, 22:25

Good on you EV2Go !

I am still a member of the flat earth society. Google earth only exists on the internet.
iMiEV MY12     110,230km in pure Electric and loving it !

Striker
Groupie

Post by Striker » Tue, 12 Aug 2008, 22:52

EV2Go wrote:To not look for a better way to do something is just not in my nature
If nobody ever looked for ways to better things that exist, we as a species would never have made it out of the caves.

Hopefully your efforts to better things will one-day result in success beyond expectations.

--Striker.
should ever be forgot."

EV2Go

Post by EV2Go » Tue, 12 Aug 2008, 23:54

Thanks for the support guys, unfortunately always trying to push the envelope generally leave me with 2 results, I either go for broke and do it properly, or I will walk away.

My last car made about 300rwkw, my current car is running on 3 cylinders most of the time and would be lucky to make 40rwkw. I couldn’t bring myself to buy an “average” new car, I tried but I just couldn’t do it.

I need to inject some personality into a car for it to feel right, that is why an EV would be a perfect fit for me. I just need to find a way of getting decent power out of it without breaking the bank.

I have some ideas brewing at the moment and may wind up build the car from scratch (single seater trike).

Mr Camouflage
Groupie

Post by Mr Camouflage » Wed, 13 Aug 2008, 08:52

Striker wrote:
jpcw wrote:why you can’t hook up an alternator to the wheels and extend the range
Why can't you hoo.. nevermind..

--Striker.

And fans connected to alternators too. Guess someone forgot to explain it to this guy:It slices and dices. watch your fingers.

I watched a documentary on UFO's last night, one that focused on explaining them in earthy terms (Military cover stories for spy planes, test planes, etc), at the end there was a segment on "Lifters" which lead me to youtube, and on to perendev, permanent magnet motors, george green, over-unity motors, tesla turbines, Howard Johnson's patent. None of which I'd ever heard of before.

Seems to be alot of people trying to make these things work, with not alot of success.

If your building an EV, stick to tried and tested stuff that works.
Last edited by Mr Camouflage on Tue, 12 Aug 2008, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.

EV2Go

Post by EV2Go » Wed, 13 Aug 2008, 18:56

You missed the Bedini motor Image I think it works although I am yet to see anyone produce any real usable power.

Don't laugh at fans on alternators, Smokey Yunick did that over 30 years ago on Nascars.