Certifying Engineers for ICV

Open for any sort of non-technical discussion regarding EVs
simsfamilyfrance
Noobie

Post by simsfamilyfrance » Wed, 13 Mar 2013, 03:46

hi there,
I am designing an EV from the ground up.. chassis is similar to a clubman.. 4130 steel, 2 seat, open roadster.. I have been quoted approx $20k for the engineering certification.. by the time all is said and done.. ADRs. chassis tests, doco etc..

Does this sound correct? It is a lot more than I thought it would cost. Does anyone have experience with this process and or can recommend someone with a sharper pencil?

cheers,

Chris

Canberra32
Groupie

Post by Canberra32 » Wed, 13 Mar 2013, 13:14

God no!!! 5k not 20...
That's exactly the same things we are building and its around 5k depending on how many times you get them around.
Try another engineer

simsfamilyfrance
Noobie

Post by simsfamilyfrance » Mon, 18 Mar 2013, 02:29

thank you for the feedback.. I think I have found an engineer in Melbourne who has the experience on the chassis, steering, breaking side. He has quoted numbers around your level, so I think I will engage him to get the initial chassis certification done. He does not have electric drive experience, so we will need to engage with someone who knows AC motors, insulation and controllers down the track.

cheers,

Chris

StudentEV
Groupie

Post by StudentEV » Wed, 20 Mar 2013, 22:13

20k sounds intense.

On this same topic, does anyone know of a good certifying engineer for conversions? In Melbourne...