Engineers in NSW

Open for any sort of non-technical discussion regarding EVs
sascha
Noobie

Engineers in NSW

Post by sascha »

Hi everyone

Just transferred my electric hilux to NSW and the RTA tells me I need a new engineers certificate from a NSW certified engineer. It has been registered in the ACT and NT for 4 years now.

Unless anyone can suggest a way around this (so much for a national standard), I need help choosing an engineer that is prepared to work with EVs.

The car is in Tamworth and the one guy who comes here every 2 months isn't keen. Could anyone suggest a EV-friendly engineer within 300km of Tamworth?

Also, does anyone know if I'll have to upgrade to meet the new standard? Mine was engineered in 2007 to the previous verson. I hope not, older production cars don't need to be brought up to new standards when they are transferred to NSW?

Thanks in advance, Sascha
Sascha

1982 Hilux

42,000 electric kms and counting...
Adverse Effects

Engineers in NSW

Post by Adverse Effects »

as far as i know it only has to meet the standers of the date it was built/rebuilt
T1 Terry

Engineers in NSW

Post by T1 Terry »

Try contacting the original engineer, there is a good chance he also does NSW engineering paper work. It will most likely involve more $$ but he will know the vehicle and hopefully trust the judgement of the bloke that engineered it last time :lol:

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn
avolt
Noobie

Engineers in NSW

Post by avolt »

Hi Sascha
Sorry i can not help you with the engineers certificate in NSW. but just wanted to ask you ,have you done 42000km? what batteries are you running now?any changes to your hilux?how is it going?
that's impressive!
i am only doing about 3500km a year in my EV hilux
cheers Andrew
"Ohms what a feeling Toyvolta"

http://www.evalbum.com/3325
sascha
Noobie

Engineers in NSW

Post by sascha »

Thanks for the advice everyone

Andrew, I'm now running 45 x 160Ah thunderskys (144V). They weigh about 200kg as opposed to the 600kg+ for the old Trojans. So the car now weighs less than the original.

Driving is much better too: I haven't done a range test yet, but I'm getting over 120km wthout discharging too deep. Stll have the EV smile!

Cheers, Sascha
Sascha

1982 Hilux

42,000 electric kms and counting...