WHERE to get started

Open for any sort of non-technical discussion regarding EVs
Ribbit
Noobie

WHERE to get started

Post by Ribbit »

Hi - I am looking at doing a conversion. If it is within my capability.

BUT!!! I need to start reading. Are there any good books - that are a good starting place?

You have posts of projects - but it appears all a bit detailed so I am at sea.

So I need to review some basic info. Evaluate wether this is something I can do.

Or wether its is better for me to pay the money and get someone professional to do the job.

I did a search on REVA on this website - Jeez you guys don't like the car. I think its fabulous to a point. It certainly is not German engineering. Well I have not been in 30 mph head on collision. Suprisngly the cars that have been in accidents - have fared really well. No scratches at all - other cars broken to bits. It appears being light means in RTA they seem to move and some how the energy of impact dissipates. But that's not science that's my reckoning.

Heh I have taken a lot of stick driving the car - but it pulls more attention than any other car I have driven - Good and BAD attention. I am not so certain driving and EV conversion gives you that smile, that you can't stop grinning.

The car has served a good purpose - I think if we didn't buy them 4 years ago - we would not be where we are today - and that is an emerging EV market. I am happy to have paid the price of being a pioneer purchaser in this market.

By the way REVA are producing new models that will be 4 persons and highway speed and NCap rated. Basically filling in all the problems of the G wiz. We have inside info of people visiting the car plant in India.

So I may hold out for purchasing their new versions. I think I would prefer to purchase a 4th generation REVA than a Pioneer model from any of the other companies. But then again a German EV might be a different issue.

REVA DC
Richo

WHERE to get started

Post by Richo »

Maybe visit someone who already has or is doing one.
Hands on experience is just as good if not better than any book.
I'm sure there is someone in your area that could help.
Anyone willing to put thier hand up?

Otheriwse I'm sure some other forum members could suggest a book.
So the short answer is NO but the long answer is YES.
Help prevent road rage - get outta my way!
Johny

WHERE to get started

Post by Johny »

In case you haven't seen it yet, here is a source of info that is good reading.
Zeva publications
Also see
EV Works
Particularly their 'Tech Info'.
Simon

WHERE to get started

Post by Simon »

Hi Ribbit
Some good books to read are:
Convert It by Michael Brown
Build Your Own Electric Vehicle by Bob Bryant
You might be able to find a copy of Build Your Own Electric Vehicle at your local library.
Peter C in Canberra

WHERE to get started

Post by Peter C in Canberra »

Some excellent blog/websites detail peoples' conversions eg. google evcapri or kiwiev for a good start. If you find yourself in Canberra you are welcome to pay a visit for show and tell with my recently finished conversion. Also, come to the national EV festival on 4th October.
Peter.
Daihatsu charade conversion 2009-18, Mitsubishi iMiEV 2013-2019, Holden Volt 2018-2019, Hyundai Kona 2019-present on the ACT's 100% renewable electricity.
Ribbit
Noobie

WHERE to get started

Post by Ribbit »

Thanks Chaps = this a good start.
REVA DC