NSW Budget

Open for any sort of non-technical discussion regarding EVs
drlizau
Groupie

NSW Budget

Post by drlizau »

So NSW thinks EVs are here to stay and can have some financial aid now in return for the road user tax of the future
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... -the-state
2017 Leaf 30kWh battery
2nd hand Japanese import
Solar powered as much as practical
jonescg

Re: NSW Budget

Post by jonescg »

Yes it's a major step forward. I'm not convinced at the rideshare and T2/T3 lanes - that just breeds resentment. But 150 million on chargers is solid, and necessary. WA spending $20M, SA spending $13 M, NSW with 6 times the population spending well more than that.
AEVA National Secretary, WA branch chair.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

I wonder if that applies to new car sales only, or all EV sales, both new and used. I might be able to avoid the rego transfer fee for the Blade I bought from Chris, the other subsidies do say for new purchases so I might be pushing my luck to get anything more eh :lol:

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn
Chuq
Groupie

Post by Chuq »

It looks like it is new and used. In addition, any cars that have paid stamp duty will be exempt from the RUC (so any existing EVs as well as those sold below Sep 1).

Hypothetical: An EV bought now would have had stamp duty paid and therefore exempt from RUC, but if it is sold to someone else second hand in 2025 then *that* buyer would then have bought it without stamp duty. Would they then have to pay the RUC in 2027?
doggy
Groupie

Post by doggy »

Ha! Bit of a problem. The NSW Parliament is not sitting at all in August. Has not sat since June 24. So EV legislation has not passed and no-one knows when it will pass. Because the pollies thought NSW was "Gold Standard" there were no contingencies for lockdowns and no provision for remote working.
Thus, stamp duty waiver and incentive payments will not be happening from September 1. No mention as to when this might now happen.
Renault Zoe ZE40, 2017
Tesla Model 3LR, 2021
11kWHr LiFePO4 battery with 5kW inverter
5kWHr LiFePO4 battery running all computers. comms, CCTV
4.3kW AC Enphase solar system
1kW DC solar system
16 evac tube HWS with 300L
AEVA and TOCA member
doggy
Groupie

Post by doggy »

It seems NSW parliament will sit this week for the first time since June. Hopefully they will pass the EV legislation and we can start applying for our Stamp Duty refunds!
Renault Zoe ZE40, 2017
Tesla Model 3LR, 2021
11kWHr LiFePO4 battery with 5kW inverter
5kWHr LiFePO4 battery running all computers. comms, CCTV
4.3kW AC Enphase solar system
1kW DC solar system
16 evac tube HWS with 300L
AEVA and TOCA member
AusKona
Groupie

Post by AusKona »

Chuq wrote: Mon, 21 Jun 2021, 21:50 It looks like it is new and used. In addition, any cars that have paid stamp duty will be exempt from the RUC (so any existing EVs as well as those sold below Sep 1).

Hypothetical: An EV bought now would have had stamp duty paid and therefore exempt from RUC, but if it is sold to someone else second hand in 2025 then *that* buyer would then have bought it without stamp duty. Would they then have to pay the RUC in 2027?
The second owner pays duty on transfer of the rego. My reading of the legislation says that the second owner, having also paid duty, will be exempt from the RUC.