AEVA Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AEVA Branches > AEVA Melbourne and Geelong Branches
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who's going to the Moke Onwners meeting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moemoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's going to the Moke Onwners meeting
    Posted: 20 September 2008 at 7:53pm
I see someone from the AEVA is going to the Moke Owners Association meeting in October, I would love to attend but wife is working that night. What is going to be discussed, apart from their Electo Moke?
grinners View Drop Down
Noobie
Noobie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grinners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2008 at 10:11pm
Hi Everyone,

Im new to the electric vehicle scene but the first thought i had for a donor car was an old moke shell i know of that is sitting in a mates back shed!

If somone is already doing this i would love to get in touch with them.

Is this an AEVA member, or a Moke owners association member who is working on an electric moke?

If somone could point me in their direction that would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike

Edited by grinners - 30 September 2008 at 10:12pm
moemoke View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moemoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2008 at 8:28pm
Mike, Some guys from the AEVA were giving a talk on EV's last night and to maybe help restore the Electro Moke. the MOA have an electric Moke that was built by Johns Perry ( a lift manufacturing company)
It was built back in the early 80's (They built 3 or 4 I think)and as such it is old tech, It has 2 huge motors with chain drive to the front axles, It uses forklift contacters as a speed controling device.
I think it has space for 14 batteries in the back,
I have some photos somewhere. how to I post them here
A frind of mine (Terry on the Moke forum) also has the makings for an elec Moke with a ADC 120V motor, curtis controller etc but the guy he got it off was fitting the motor to the Moke gearbox. We have been trying to work out how to make that setup work but I dont think the gearbox will survive to long, There is a guy on ausmini doing an elec mini using a Suzuki Swift gearbox which I think is a much better idea, he also has footage on youtube, goes very well .
Of course a Moke would be better.
woody View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2008 at 8:16am
Maybe you can get the green moke from top gear australia, which may not be running so well after its swim with the sharks.
Planned EV: '63 Cortina using AC and LiFePO4 Battery Pack
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic