Outlander PHEV Major Service

Mitsubishi EV Interest Group
Johny

Outlander PHEV Major Service

Post by Johny »

I have m PHEV in for a service and the dealer just rang suggesting that the next service they would be "dropping down" the traction battery to replace gaskets and check connections etc.
Has anyone had this suggested to them?
The current service will be $340 but they are saying this major one will be closer to $900.
It seems to be that given I monitor the battery for balance using EvBatMon and have checked the drain plugs underneath, it's best left alone.
I've already told them not to replace wiper blades and cabin filters....
brendon_m

Re: Outlander PHEV Major Service

Post by brendon_m »

Seems to me they are taking you for a ride. I'll look up the service schedule tomorrow when I get to work. What's the mileage?
Johny

Post by Johny »

Thanks Brendon. It's just under 50,000. My service today was for 70,000 or thereabouts (72 months?). Mine is well down on distance.
The service manager wanted to do the major one today but I held off. He indicated they drop the traction battery down a few cm to check stuff and have to replace gaskets. I've got a year now to decide whether to allow them to do that.
brendon_m

Post by brendon_m »

There is a major service at 72 months/90000km.
Nothing in it about dropping the battery, though it does have "inspect HV cables" but that is just the exposed cables.
The service is mostly the normal inspection items but also has diff/trans oils and spark plugs on top
Johny

Post by Johny »

Ok
I'll grill them when the time comes. Maybe there is a service bulletin. I got caught by one years ago when they bought forward timing belt replacement on a Camira from 88k to 66k - mine broke at 70k
Thanks again