Autolink bug?

Hyundai Interest Group
Peter C in Canberra

Autolink bug?

Post by Peter C in Canberra »

I think there is a bug in the AutoLink app. When my Kona electric is charging, the app reports what the state of charge of the battery was before charging commenced as if that were the current state of charge. Only after charging has stopped and the car has been driven does the app report the actual state of charge. By then, I am no longer interested to check the state of charge via the app. I am only interested in checking the state of charge via the app when I am away from the car and it is charging.
If I am plugged in at a public charger, I want to check whether the car has charged enough to make it worth returning to the car and proceeding on my journey or I should order another coffee and check again a bit later. It is precisely in this scenario that the app only tells me what I already know, the state of charge when I plugged in, not what I want to know, what the state of charge actually is right now.
I have just reported this to Hyundai and don't yet have a response. Does anyone else have this? Is there a fix or setting I am missing?
Daihatsu charade conversion 2009-18, Mitsubishi iMiEV 2013-2019, Holden Volt 2018-2019, Hyundai Kona 2019-present on the ACT's 100% renewable electricity.

Manto
Noobie

Re: Autolink bug?

Post by Manto »

Have asked this question of the app developer but have had no reply

Peter C in Canberra

If everyone reports it to Hyundai, they might lean on the app developer to fix it.
Daihatsu charade conversion 2009-18, Mitsubishi iMiEV 2013-2019, Holden Volt 2018-2019, Hyundai Kona 2019-present on the ACT's 100% renewable electricity.

davidEV
Noobie

Post by davidEV »

Yea my app is the same, will not update traction battery percent until after running. Also it appears to me that the energy shown used in the app in KWH for a journey, does not include the energy used by aircon. Maybe someone can recheck this and give their opinion?

davidEV
Noobie

Post by davidEV »

It would be helpful if a way could be found to have more accuracy on battery state of charge. If the battery is reading at 50% is that 50.4% or 49.6%. Also if calculations are made on a 64KWH battery a different result is achieved if say the battery is in fact a 65KWH (or something else) battery capacity. Just a few thoughts to consider!!

Peter C in Canberra

davidEV wrote:
Sun, 09 Feb 2020, 17:25
It would be helpful if a way could be found to have more accuracy on battery state of charge. If the battery is reading at 50% is that 50.4% or 49.6%....
When do we need to be shown more than two significant figures? I don't care if the car is at 49.6% or 50.4%. All I need to know is that is it about half charged.

syntaxfx
Noobie

Post by syntaxfx »

Can you get what you need from the charger's app while you wait for Hyundai to fix it?
I'm asking because I expect I'll have the same problem in about 8 weeks.
Cheers,
Phil

Peter C in Canberra

syntaxfx wrote:
Mon, 10 Feb 2020, 07:47
Can you get what you need from the charger's app while you wait for Hyundai to fix it?
I'm asking because I expect I'll have the same problem in about 8 weeks.
Cheers,
Phil
Some public chargers have apps that will tell you the state of charge while you are logged in and charging. However, I am rarely using such chargers. When charging away from home, I am most often using chargers that don't have such apps or just plain power outlets with a portable EVSE charge cord.

It's not a really big deal. The car will tell you when you plug in how long it need to get to a set charging end point (say 80%), which is really all you need to know to know how long to spend on a coffee, meal or toilet break. It would just be nice to have the app do something useful. It would also help to know if the charger has stopped charging for some reason.

davidEV
Noobie

Post by davidEV »

I have never used EVNOTIFY app maybe someone has, and could advise how that works. Most of my charging is at home, I just plug the car in, and it is automatically powered when the house batteries reach 98% charge and auto disconnect when the house batteries discharge to 97% . This works for me, and usually 10% to 15% charge is added in a day to the KONA battery. If I require more, I hook to ergon three phase at home by the Evolution GIGER, which can be set from 1.3KW charge to the 7.2KW charge.
Regards David

syntaxfx
Noobie

Post by syntaxfx »

Peter C in Canberra wrote:
Mon, 10 Feb 2020, 08:01

It's not a really big deal. The car will tell you when you plug in how long it need to get to a set charging end point (say 80%), which is really all you need to know to know how long to spend on a coffee, meal or toilet break. It would just be nice to have the app do something useful. It would also help to know if the charger has stopped charging for some reason.
Like you, I'd prefer it works. The real value in the app (for me anyway) is to know if the charge has stopped unexpectedly. Then I can go and fix it (hopefully) with less loss of time.

Mrburns
Noobie

Post by Mrburns »

Something I have been meaning to try but haven’t yet is if you use the app to remote turn the aircon on does it trigger the ev battery state to update, just a thought for a work around.

davidEV
Noobie

Post by davidEV »

Remote start does not trigger EV battery % update. Switching ignition on in the car and looking at current EV battery % on centre screen does not trigger the app. The car has to be driven just a few meters slow and the app is updated to current EV battery %. The app also shows tyre pressure after driving sufficient distance as indicated on the dash reading. The only use for tyre pressure showing in the app is a remote reading after a trip if it is done quickly, which is really just a novelty. I have used remote cooling of the KONA a number of times which can be set to a maximum of 10 Mins. When using the remote APP one has to be aware that the car needs "I assume" a GPS signal otherwise the last known state is shown by the app.
Regards David

Manto
Noobie

Post by Manto »

Not sure if I should start another thread, but this is my latest bug in autolink. As of Feb 1 driving history does not show. It will show the latest drive, but that vanishes with the next drive. Up till Feb 1 it was recording every drive
Screenshot_20200212-201009_Auto Link.jpg
Screenshot_20200212-201009_Auto Link.jpg (312.19 KiB) Viewed 142 times

Peter C in Canberra

Hyundai replied to me:
"Thank you for contacting Hyundai Customer Care and providing us an opportunity to respond.
Unfortunately, our AutoLink App can only show the battery percentage after the vehicle is charged and not while charging.
If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to respond to this email ..."

I wrote back "Thanks. Is there any prospect of having an update written so the actual state of charge is given? Clearly the state of charge is known by some parts of the car’s systems because it is communicated to a CCS DC charger."

I'll report back if I get a response to that.

davidEV
Noobie

Post by davidEV »

Yea I remember that happened to me a couple of weeks after I took delivery of the KONA EV. I thought the memory was very tiny and now I check the past driving history log and see a gap of about 20days was deleted by me. Since then heaps of entries have been recorded, so what happened to fix it?? Past driving history can be deleted by the app but I cannot remember if the history can or was deleted in the car log or app by myself. I need to check that again. I did note that deleting my history also deleted the factory test history which I did not delete myself, so if that fixed it I do not know.
Cheers David

Peter C in Canberra

Peter C in Canberra wrote:
Wed, 12 Feb 2020, 19:48
Hyundai replied to me:
"Thank you for contacting Hyundai Customer Care and providing us an opportunity to respond.
Unfortunately, our AutoLink App can only show the battery percentage after the vehicle is charged and not while charging.
If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to respond to this email ..."

I wrote back "Thanks. Is there any prospect of having an update written so the actual state of charge is given? Clearly the state of charge is known by some parts of the car’s systems because it is communicated to a CCS DC charger."

I'll report back if I get a response to that.
I got a response: "At this point, we have no confirmation that this feature will be added to the App"