9 Nissan Leafs for auction at Pickles: 8 NSW, 1 ACT

IF YOU ARE NOT A FINANCIAL MEMBER OR YOU HAVE LESS THAN 30 POSTS AND YOU POST ANYTHING FOR SALE, IT WILL BE DELETED.
Forum rules
All may view this forum, only AEVA Members may post here.
Bryce
Groupie

9 Nissan Leafs for auction at Pickles: 8 NSW, 1 ACT

Post by Bryce » Sat, 12 Oct 2019, 06:07

Hi all - was browsing the car auction sites and noticed 9 Leafs listed at Pickles.
First couple I clicked on had 9 of the 12 capacity bars remaining (same as mine) - so would have 90 - 100km left as a summer range. (more perhaps if you're not a leadfoot :-) )
They do appear to be Aust delivered versions as they have the solar panel on the rear wing (so all will be 2012 models).
What is concerning is that the pics of both I viewed show the dash screen with a 'no SD card warning'. Hopefully Pickles have removed them for safe keeping - if they are missing, this can be a costly and difficult thing to have replaced.

Cheers
Bryce
AEVA Vic Branch Secretary
AEVA national newsletter editor
Current EV drives: Kona electric, 2001 Berlingo conversion
Selling: 2011 Leaf
Past drive: 2011 Blade Getz
Past Conversions: DC Berlingo, AC Berlingo, AC Sprinter

coulomb
Site Admin

Re: 9 Nissan Leafs for auction at Pickles: 8 NSW, 1 ACT

Post by coulomb » Sat, 12 Oct 2019, 08:55

There were 7 Leafs at auction from NSW a month ago. They were traced back (by someone on the OzLeaf forum) to NSW and local government. These were low km, but heavy degradation for the distance driven (I don't recall how many capacity bars they had lost). It was concluded that they were likely charged to 100% and left there long term (not a good idea for the old Leaf battery chemistry), so a low care factor.

But as Bryce says, 9 bars isn't too bad, if your range needs are modest. Sadly, the batteries will likely be out of warranty by now, so no free battery replacement for these, and other battery replacement options are not good at present. Perhaps a cheap way to try out EV driving. I'm driving a second hand 2012 Leaf myself.
Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
1.4 kW solar with 1.2 kW Latronics inverter and FIT.
160 W solar, 2.5 kWh 24 V battery for lights.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Mon, 14 Oct 2019, 10:17

I have recently placed a deposit on an ex-fleet Leaf which was on sale here in Perth for $15,000. With 31,000 km on the clock, it was clear the battery was degraded. However after paying Nissan to do the diagnostic test they realised it would be a major failure in the eyes of the ACCC, so they are going to replace the battery. This a boon for us, but the downside is we have no idea when it will happen, or how long it will take. I presume we aren't the only Leaf in WA awaiting a new battery pack.
AEVA National Secretary, WA branch chair.

Samstain
Noobie

Post by Samstain » Tue, 15 Oct 2019, 08:13

For future reference, ones at auction sold for between $10,250 and $14,500. + plus a ~$600 fee by the looks - their fee structure isn't too clear.