Aust. Auto Aftermarket article on Batteries and EV's

Open for any sort of non-technical discussion regarding EVs
Simone
Groupie

Aust. Auto Aftermarket article on Batteries and EV's

Post by Simone » Sat, 14 Jul 2018, 10:39

Treasurer of the Brisbane AEVA. Meetings are the 3rd Wednesday of the month at the Albion Peace Centre!

Bryce
Groupie

Re: Aust. Auto Aftermarket article on Batteries and EV's

Post by Bryce » Sat, 14 Jul 2018, 15:49

Old news. I wrote about the potential for Chinese dominance of the EV future due to their single minded intent to promote the industry and the size of their market several years ago in ReNew!
AEVA Vic committee member; AEVA national newsletter editor
Current EV drives:
2011 Leaf, 2001 Berlingo conversion
Past drive:
2011 Blade Getz
Past Conversions:
DC Berlingo, AC Berlingo, AC Sprinter

T1 Terry

Re: Aust. Auto Aftermarket article on Batteries and EV's

Post by T1 Terry » Today, 13:59

The fact CATL are now the biggest EV battery producer in the world must mean there will be a lot of their batteries hitting the wrecked vehicle market soon, so maybe another source of cheaper battery packs for DIY EV builds and maybe the Chinese EV's will start to appear in Australia as the half cut etc vehicle wrecker/importer warehouses providing a cheap source of EV parts. Tesla seem to have all their technology locked down where if you try to put the Tesla running gear etc into another body they shut down the computer .... not sure if that is fact or just online talk. Bring it on, I don't care where the future EV's are built, I'd love it to be Australia but that is highly unlikely so if the Chinese can get their act together to get the vehicle ADR compliant and all the other hoops that need to be jumped through to sell cars in Australia then maybe, and just maybe but not for certain, the price of EV ownership will come down

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn