New Tritium chademo at Helensvale

Discussion about EV/Battery charging infrastructure, Electric highways etc.
praxidice
Groupie

New Tritium chademo at Helensvale

Post by praxidice »

Has anyone figured how to turn on / activate the new Tritium chademo at Helensvale ? Unlike every other Tritium chademo I've ever used, this one wants something provided, but who knows what. Seems that some muppet decided to configure it to demand use of an app or an SMS (so says the flashing indicator) but absolutely no information is provided. It certainly doesn't recognize a Chargepoint card, and the Chargepoint contact number / email both appear broken. Chargefox claims no knowledge about this unit, Yurika doesn't have a clue, likewise Tritium, and Transport Minister Bailey's office is on permanent message bank.

At least the cable is marginally longer than the ridiculously short one fitted at Bilinga ... it is (just) possible to plug in a Minicab without parking across three bays. Pity other installers don't check out the Yarrabilba charger which was presumably the work of someone with a plurality of functional grey cells.
lobster
Groupie

Re: New Tritium chademo at Helensvale

Post by lobster »

Helensvale is mentioned on the last sentence on this announcement linked below.

https://www.tritium.com.au/news/newsite ... ic-highway

Cheers
coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

praxidice wrote: Wed, 30 Oct 2019, 14:30Chargefox claims no knowledge about this unit...
"Queensland Electric Super Highway recharging
To access the charging stations EV Motorists will need to have a Chargefox account. The app can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play."

From https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/projec ... er-highway .

[ Edit: I note that Helensvale is on the static map, but not on the interactive Google map. ]

So IF it needs a swipe card, it would need to be a Chargefox one. And it really should be part of the Yurika "network", which is managed (at the communications level at least, or so it seems to me) by Chargefox, so they both should know about it. However, apart from one week months ago when 45¢/kWh was charged, the other Queensland Electric Highway DC fast chargers have been free, and have not required a swipe card. So I think that the Helensvale site isn't completely commissioned yet. Sadly, if it's waiting for something from Chargefox, it could be a long wait. Not necessarily Chargefox's fault; they sometimes can't act until the owners complete some paperwork.
MG ZS EV 2021 April 2021. Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.
If you appreciate my work, you can buy me a coffee.
coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

It seems that they are working on it. I received this email from Jim at Chargefox; he's activated some stubborn EVSEs for me in the past.
Jim wrote:Hi Mike,

We are working some magic in the background but it’s proven a bit slow. Seems word is out on the jungle drums these chargers are up and installed.

We will most likely get the Tritium firing before the Schneider (I have to fly up to commission it).

Stand by.
MG ZS EV 2021 April 2021. Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.
If you appreciate my work, you can buy me a coffee.