Renault EVs now available in Oz

Renault EV Interest Group
doggy

Re: Renault EVs now available in Oz

Post by doggy »

Hi Greg,
But aren't you in Qld not NSW, so what NRMA does is presumably not relevant there as you already have AC charging?
Or do you want to drive into NSW?
I find the NRMA decision unbelievable.
I have spent about 50% of the last 8 years in France (and other European countries).
Last year, I was noting in France that even villages of 300 people often had THREE fast AC chargers.
Of course, there are also lots of Zoes (and Smarts and other) cars around.
Australia is so far behind and NSW is probably the worst state.
Cheers,
Dave (avec Zoe)

PS- I have a 10/15/32A EVSE (7.4kW) and am building a three phase OpenEVSE (22+Kw) plus a three phase plug for the OpenEVSE.
PS2- If NRMA does not change its stubborn mind, I will probably sell my NRMA (IAG) shares and get rid of my 48yrs of continuous membership.
PS3- Looked at the new Leaf but it seems they have not added battery thermal management, so hat is a no-no for me in a hot climate.
Renault Zoe ZE40, 2017
Tesla Model 3LR, 2021
11kWHr LiFePO4 AVASS battery with 5kW inverter
5kWHr LiFePO4 battery running all computers. comms, CCTV
4.7kW AC Enphase solar system
1kW DC solar system
16 evac tube HWS with 280L
AEVA and TOCA member
offgridQLD

Post by offgridQLD »

Kangoo from 0 -100kph in 22 seconds yikes ! you would want to have a very long merging lane if you went on the freeway. The same car with the ICE motor did it in 10 seconds under 1/2 the time! No reason why they couldn't at least made it simular specs to the ICE or better.

ICE Kangoo 10 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH_BtNfxZd0
tassie_tiger
Groupie

Post by tassie_tiger »

My hobby interests are EV's and competitions. aeva.asn.au for ev's and www.lottos.com.au for competitions. If your partner complains about you ev'ing, send 'em to lottos!
carnut1100
Groupie

Post by carnut1100 »

doggy wrote: Wed, 01 Aug 2018, 13:01 Hi Greg,
But aren't you in Qld not NSW, so what NRMA does is presumably not relevant there as you already have AC charging?
Or do you want to drive into NSW?
I find the NRMA decision unbelievable.
I have spent about 50% of the last 8 years in France (and other European countries).
Last year, I was noting in France that even villages of 300 people often had THREE fast AC chargers.
Of course, there are also lots of Zoes (and Smarts and other) cars around.
Australia is so far behind and NSW is probably the worst state.
Cheers,
Dave (avec Zoe)

PS- I have a 10/15/32A EVSE (7.4kW) and am building a three phase OpenEVSE (22+Kw) plus a three phase plug for the OpenEVSE.
PS2- If NRMA does not change its stubborn mind, I will probably sell my NRMA (IAG) shares and get rid of my 48yrs of continuous membership.
PS3- Looked at the new Leaf but it seems they have not added battery thermal management, so hat is a no-no for me in a hot climate.
Yes I’m in Brisbane.
Actually I’m halfway between Brisbane and Gold Coast.
40 minutes gets me to NSW and I have relatives in NSW both Tweed Heads and around Coffs and Sydney, and friends and my partner’s relatives in northern NSW as well.
It seems a silly decision to me to spend $50k for a car that can go north but not south, and only works on half of the electric highway networks being rolled out in my area.
If there’s no electric highway then fair enough...but I wouldn’t pay that much (and didn’t when I had the imiev...) for something with no charging options at all...and I’d be better off waiting for an Ioniq or Leaf 2.0 that CAN travel both north and south than spend that kind of cash on a car that only goes north...
I’d need a bloody good deal on a demo to consider a Zoe, even though I love it to bits and really enjoyed driving it.
doggy

Post by doggy »

In general, the Zoe can charge at 22kw from Tesla Destination Chargers and there are a lot of them.
So, have a look at the section Sydney->the border.
Maybe NRMA can be convinced that adding AC charging in places out of the big cities is sensible?
Cheers,
Dave
Renault Zoe ZE40, 2017
Tesla Model 3LR, 2021
11kWHr LiFePO4 AVASS battery with 5kW inverter
5kWHr LiFePO4 battery running all computers. comms, CCTV
4.7kW AC Enphase solar system
1kW DC solar system
16 evac tube HWS with 280L
AEVA and TOCA member