Whwew to buy a quick charger?

Zero Motorcycle Interest Group
Aikirob
Noobie

Post by Aikirob »

just got myself a 2016 zero DSR electric motorcycle and need to buy the deltaQ QuiQ charger, cant find where to buy it, can someone please point me in the right direction?
dgh853
Groupie

Post by dgh853 »

Hi Aikirob - congrats on the Zero purchase!

You can buy the 1kW Delta-Q chargers through Zero dealers in Australia and they are programmed to work with the Zero 116V battery packs.

Unfortunately, you will find them expensive to buy them through Australian Zero retailers - I've been quoted ~AUD1600 from the previous Australian distributor.

If you're keen on Delta-Q, the cheapest option is probably to buy one from Hollywood Electrics - they charge the USA RRP plus shipping at cost to Australia. Be aware that while they are a sealed IP65? unit they are heavy, large and very slow. There are better chargers on the market from TC/Elcon and making you own charger with 48v rectifiers can be very inexpensive if you are so inclined.

If you have more questions there is a Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/SydneyElectricRiders which you can join and there is plenty of information there about fast charging in Australia as well as Australian Zero owners who have all of the chargers mentioned above. You're welcome to PM me for more questions or join the Facebook group and post your questions there for more feedback.
Aikirob
Noobie

Post by Aikirob »

thanks for the info, I'm definitely going to buy a charger and would prefer to go with the most efficient one possible, could you provide me with some direct links to one of the "better" chargers you mentioned?

This is my first electric vehicle and would love to talk with someone who is experienced with zero motorcycles, unfortunately the zero dealerships have been ignoring my request to buy a quick charger. I do not think they are able to get them either. They also haven't been able to answer any of my questions.

I don't have facebook, so I cant join that group.