Why am I moderated?

Admin Requests, General Enquiries and Forum Issues
baron.vb
Noobie

Why am I moderated?

Post by baron.vb »

Hi admins,

Why am I moderated and how do I get this fixed?

Thanks kindly

Baron.vB
jonescg

Why am I moderated?

Post by jonescg »

I think the easiest way is to become a financial member of the association - The membership secretary can them immediately check the forum access setting. Alternatively it's just a matter of waiting for a forum Admin to update your details. Sorry about the hassle, but it has been rather effective at preventing spammers so far.
AEVA National President, WA branch director.
antiscab

Why am I moderated?

Post by antiscab »

baron.vb wrote:
Why am I moderated and how do I get this fixed?

All new forum members are moderated until either one of us manually changes the setting, or you reach 10 posts.

I manually changed your settings this morning so you shouldn't be moderated now.

The automatic initial moderation prevents spam accounts from being effective
Matt
2023 BYD Atto 3 - 21k km
2017 Renault zoe - 147'000km
2012 Leaf - 101'000km - soon to be trialing a booster battery
2007 Vectrix - 197'000km (retired)
2007 Vectrix - 50k km
coulomb
Site Admin

Why am I moderated?

Post by coulomb »

antiscab wrote: I manually changed your settings this morning so you shouldn't be moderated now.

Except that the Web Wiz forum software that we're still using seems to change new forum users' ladder back to the moderated one until the user gets to 10 posts, so most admins tend not to bother changing ladder manually (at least for the purpose of avoiding the moderation).

Unless there is a "setting" different to a mere ladder change which you use and that "sticks". [ Edit: oh, I bet your "settings change" is to also modify the number of posts. That explains the 34 posts, despite only being able to find five. Rob, our webmaster, prefers not to "change history" like that. This will all change when we finally go to different forum software. ]
Last edited by coulomb on Sun, 09 Oct 2016, 14:07, edited 1 time in total.
MG ZS EV 2021 April 2021. Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.
If you appreciate my work, you can buy me a coffee.
antiscab

Why am I moderated?

Post by antiscab »

coulomb wrote:
antiscab wrote: I manually changed your settings this morning so you shouldn't be moderated now.

Except that the Web Wiz forum software that we're still using seems to change new forum users' ladder back to the moderated one until the user gets to 10 posts, so most admins tend not to bother changing ladder manually (at least for the purpose of avoiding the moderation).

Unless there is a "setting" different to a mere ladder change which you use and that "sticks". [ Edit: oh, I bet your "settings change" is to also modify the number of posts. That explains the 34 posts, despite only being able to find five. Rob, our webmaster, prefers not to "change history" like that. This will all change when we finally go to different forum software. ]
Yup, you have it.
that seems to stick, I see there is a ladder group that only needs 10 posts, so I could change it by a smaller amount.

It doesn't take many posts to work out who is going to spam and who isn't

Anyway, perhaps still the best stop gap solution we have
Matt
2023 BYD Atto 3 - 21k km
2017 Renault zoe - 147'000km
2012 Leaf - 101'000km - soon to be trialing a booster battery
2007 Vectrix - 197'000km (retired)
2007 Vectrix - 50k km
baron.vb
Noobie

Why am I moderated?

Post by baron.vb »

Thank you guys. I wasn't too sure what was going on. Agreed and understood that it's a way of eliminating spammers. A good move.