Recalls 2016

Mitsubishi EV Interest Group
Gabz

Recalls 2016

Post by Gabz »

https://www.recalls.gov.au/content/inde ... mId/952859

I think my I-miev got all 3 recalls, for this year. haven't contacted the dealer yet.
Corporate Member Recharging NSW Pty Ltd. http://rechargingnsw.com.au/
mikedufty

Recalls 2016

Post by mikedufty »

Mine's got two. Might have road salt in the vacuum pump breather from all this snowy weather we've been having in Perth.

And horror of horrors, a dirty indicator switch.
g4qber

Recalls 2016

Post by g4qber »

yay!
I'm a "winner"
http://www.caradvice.com.au/458197/mits ... -affected/

my 2011 is already in the shop waiting for Mitsubishi Australia to decide on what to do with cell 17, etc.

Last edited by g4qber on Fri, 01 Jul 2016, 04:44, edited 1 time in total.
2021 Model 3 PW MIC RWD FSD - Mon 28 Jun ‘21 -
k kms 17x
2009 Tango - http://www.evalbum.com/211
Aptera
Cybertruck
On order

Past EVs
2011 i-MiEV
2012 Volt
2014 i3 REx
2014 Model S
2020 FRERWD
offgridQLD

Recalls 2016

Post by offgridQLD »

I think the only one worth looking into is the bottom side cover plate for the motor controller.

I think the above issue could have been the reason a few people had random parts replaced in an attempt get to the bottom of that one cars not charging and other HV or cut out (limp mode issues).

Would be interesting to see what they actually do to fix the issue or if its just a check and monitor thing. Good to see they got to the bottom of a issue like that.

Be buggered if I ever want to take my car into them though over small things.

The exhaust port on the vacuum pump was most likely orientated incorrectly when they replaced all the factory fitted pumps on the last recall. I will take a look at my pump and rotate it if it looks exposed. I have very fine talcum powder like dust all over the engine bay of my Imiev (due to dirt roads)

thardy456
Noobie

Recalls 2016

Post by thardy456 »

Yes hate taking car to dealer for a recall issue, they always try to sell some extra work while it's there....
Cheers, T.
2010 iMiEV (ex-WA)
2004 Prius itech
6kW solar PV
reecho

Recalls 2016

Post by reecho »

offgridQLD wrote: I think the only one worth looking into is the bottom side cover plate for the motor controller.

I think the above issue could have been the reason a few people had random parts replaced in an attempt get to the bottom of that one cars not charging and other HV or cut out (limp mode issues).

Would be interesting to see what they actually do to fix the issue or if its just a check and monitor thing. Good to see they got to the bottom of a issue like that.

Be buggered if I ever want to take my car into them though over small things.

The exhaust port on the vacuum pump was most likely orientated incorrectly when they replaced all the factory fitted pumps on the last recall. I will take a look at my pump and rotate it if it looks exposed. I have very fine talcum powder like dust all over the engine bay of my Imiev (due to dirt roads)

They didn't replace all the vacuum pumps in the last recall. Only selected VINS....
Last edited by reecho on Fri, 01 Jul 2016, 13:32, edited 1 time in total.
offgridQLD

Recalls 2016

Post by offgridQLD »

Well cant be that then.

I take it that the fix will be inspecting the pump and ensuring the exhaust port it orientated so it's pointing sideways and perhaps slightly down. Vs directly up to collect water or straight down to have road spray shot into it.

Though will have to inspect it and see how it's set up. Perhaps even a shield would help. Not that we have much salt in the mud or road spray in AU.
Gabz

Recalls 2016

Post by Gabz »

I got 3 letters today
Corporate Member Recharging NSW Pty Ltd. http://rechargingnsw.com.au/
Hippie403
Groupie

Recalls 2016

Post by Hippie403 »

I got two recall letters, firmware for vacuum pump and the light stalk fix. Plus an extra surprise at the dealer, removal of the pan under the battery pack and treatment with anti corrosive paint, that kept the car in the workshop all day, when I was expecting to have the car back in an hour or so! Grrrrr.
offgridQLD

Recalls 2016

Post by offgridQLD »

Are you sure it was the battery cover? As that's made of plastic. So is the battery box. The only steel there is the mesh screen between it and the plastic battery box and its' stainless steel mesh that's riveted to the plastic pan.

There is a recall for the bottom plate of the motor controller.

Kurt
Last edited by offgridQLD on Wed, 27 Jul 2016, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.
Hippie403
Groupie

Recalls 2016

Post by Hippie403 »

My VIN was outside the range for the motor controller recall. They had some large black cover plate off from the bottom of the car, masked off some areas with cardboard and spray painted some stuff under the car, don't know exactly what.
bmscott
Groupie

Recalls 2016

Post by bmscott »

I took my iMiev in several weeks ago (soon as I saw this thread in fact) and they said they'd have to order parts for it - so finally, last week I get a call, and the other day I took it back in. Everything seems OK, I just found the long delay a bit odd.

Looks like they replaced the vacuum pump, did something about rust on the drive battery frame, and "Electrical" - campaign 020127 ON BOARD CHARGER. Sounds like a goodly amount of work done in ~5 hours.

They also whacked in a fender I'd knocked partway out banging into my wife's car last month, which was nice of them.
mikedufty

Recalls 2016

Post by mikedufty »

Anyone in WA got it looked at yet? Mitsubishi web page says our nearest authorised EV service place is in Adelaide.
antiscab

Recalls 2016

Post by antiscab »

My Dad took his iMiev to paceway mitsubishi

That's where I bought it from originally
Matt
2023 BYD Atto 3 - 21k km
2017 Renault zoe - 147'000km
2012 Leaf - 101'000km - soon to be trialing a booster battery
2007 Vectrix - 197'000km (retired)
2007 Vectrix - 50k km
iDaVID
Groupie

Recalls 2016

Post by iDaVID »

When I took my 2010 Miev to my dealer, it turned out there were 5 recalls not just the vacuum pump. It took them 3 & 1/2 weeks to fix them all.
zzcoopej
Groupie

Recalls 2016

Post by zzcoopej »

iDaVID wrote:It took them 3 & 1/2 weeks to fix them all.

I hope you weren't without the car for that period? Our iMiEV is heading in tomorrow, they said it was just an exploratory stage (whole day!!!) and would need to go back if any issues were identified. Our local dealership is hopeless however it would be PITA to take the iMiEV elsewhere like I do with the PHEV.
2010 iMiEV
2015 PHEV Aspire
Battery App EvBatMon for PHEV & iMiEV iOS(iPhone,iPad)& Android
www.EvPositive.com
offgridQLD

Recalls 2016

Post by offgridQLD »

3rd option is just not to take to them at all. The car has performed perfect for almost 5 - 7 years 2010 or 2012. Why fiddle with it..... Unless it was for some doomed structural failure point in the steering or life threatening issue it all sounds to hard to me . Just to have dust cleaned from the indicator stalk and paint sprayed on the battery box frame.
whimpurinter

Recalls 2016

Post by whimpurinter »

Hi,
My car is driving well and reliable, and I know what an unreliable car is like.

My car has 4 recalls and I've been around the industry in the past and would prefer to let well-enough alone. I prize my car and I don't want people learning on it.

I decided at the last moment to simply not go ahead with the recall. The Mitsubishi man said, to paraphrase: "So I'll tell Misubishi that you don't want your car upgraded then?" (which I think was uncalled for, but reinforces my view of the way things are) and, untrue as it is, I said "Yes."

Why fiddle with it....
Johny

Recalls 2016

Post by Johny »

Just watch out for insurance ramifications. If an insurance company can find any link (stretch or not) that a non-recall contributed to an accident then you may be out of pocket several thousand dollars.
zzcoopej
Groupie

Recalls 2016

Post by zzcoopej »

20MI010107 Turn signal correction
20MI010101 ECU Reprogramming - brake warning lamp
20MI020129 Rust on battery frame
20MI010102 Vacuum pump replacement - brake warning lamp (new pump is noisy?)
TODO : 20MI020127 On board charger (ordered part)
2010 iMiEV
2015 PHEV Aspire
Battery App EvBatMon for PHEV & iMiEV iOS(iPhone,iPad)& Android
www.EvPositive.com
chuckchunder
Noobie

Recalls 2016

Post by chuckchunder »

Yep took it to Paceyway. They told me five recalls inc inspect/replace the battery frame. after a couple of hours told me they needed to replace the battery frame, which would take five or more hours. They had to order the part and would call me (or maybe you matt?) when it was ready to go.

Then they told me the "main" battery had failed the test, and would I like them to replace it today?..........
the antiscab's dad
reecho

Recalls 2016

Post by reecho »

Well that's unfortunate...... Image
antiscab

Recalls 2016

Post by antiscab »

chuckchunder wrote:They had to order the part and would call me (or maybe you matt?) when it was ready to go.

Then they told me the "main" battery had failed the test, and would I like them to replace it today?..........

For a pack that's had no noticeable decline in capacity, this feels like a fishing expedition

might see what they charge for a new pack where I get to keep the old one.....my blade could do with a new battery, as could my solar system :p
Matt
2023 BYD Atto 3 - 21k km
2007 Vectrix - 50k km
chuckchunder
Noobie

Recalls 2016

Post by chuckchunder »

Him - "Hi sir, we've done the recall blah blah blah........ and as part of the recall we perform a safety check on the vehicle, and your main battery has failed the test, would you like us to replace it today?"

Me - "choke, cough, er, sorry, what?"

Him "The main battery has failed the test, but we can replace it for you today...."

Me - "Really? Um, do you mean the traction battery or the accessory battery?"

Him - "You know, the main battery, the one that runs the windscreen wipers and radio and things"

Me - "Oh, er, no, that won't be necessary."
the antiscab's dad
antiscab

Recalls 2016

Post by antiscab »

oohhh dear

so, when they said battery frame - I wonder if they were just talking about the 12v battery frame Image
Matt
2023 BYD Atto 3 - 21k km
2007 Vectrix - 50k km