EV owners to compete in QLD Motorkhana

Where hooligans go to get AMPED
galderdi
Groupie

Post by galderdi »

The idea of EV owners competing in a motorkhana was raised in another thread so rather than continue to hijack that thread I am moving the discussion here.

The suggestion was also made to raise it as an agenda item in the Brisbane / QLD AVEA meeting tonight. Unfortunately I can't make it tonight but I'd like to here if anyone is keen.

The date for the event I suggest is March 20th. You can see the details at http://www.hsccq.com/

When vehicles are scrutineered prior to a motorkhana the scrutineer checked how secure the battery is and checks the insulation over all the battery terminals. Any EVs competing would need to have this preparation before arrival. We wouldn't want owners playing around with terminals at the last minute. We also wouldn't want scrutineers using their usual test method of tugging on batteries with bare hands. Maybe we can supply some heavy duty gloves to allow them to check the battery mounts.

Other vehicle requirements are fairly basic: No lose items floating around the cabin, secure seats (not too much play), seat belts in good condition (not frayed), brakes in good working condition, tyres in reasonable condition (no exposed canvas or steel). No radiator or oil leaks....oh wait smileys/smiley1.gif

Drivers of Open top vehicles will need a helmet. All drivers will need cotton clothes (I recommend full length sleeves and covered legs). All drivers will need fully covered footwear.

Image Image Image Image Image Image
galderdi
Groupie

Post by galderdi »

Hi,

Just an update. The date for the first motorkhana is Feb 7th.

I will certainly be attending in my electric motorkhana special.

Anyone else considering being there?

If you are a bit nervous about it feel free to PM me with any concern you might have and I will try to make your mind at ease.
galderdi
Groupie

Post by galderdi »

Even if you don't want to compete you can still spectate and go for rides with the competitors at no cost.
caskings
Noobie

Post by caskings »

Where is the Feb 7th event going to be. I'm half tempted to take my Leaf out there and have a go.
caskings
Noobie

Post by caskings »

Ahh found the details. WIllowbank is just down the road from me :D
rhills
Site Admin

Post by rhills »

caskings wrote: Ahh found the details. WIllowbank is just down the road from me :D
AFAICT, details are on this page for others following along.
Rob Hills
AEVA Webmaster
  • 2022 Tesla M3 MIC LR
  • 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Aspire PHEV
    Petrol Usage to last refill: Jul 2014 - Jul 2022
    Total Petrol: 889.8L
    ODO: 88417
    Av Consumption: 1.01 L/100km
galderdi
Groupie

Post by galderdi »

Sorry only just saw your post. Yeah Willowbank. It would be great to see some EV guys there.