Bulk Purchase of Nissan Leafs

IF YOU ARE NOT A FINANCIAL MEMBER OR YOU HAVE LESS THAN 30 POSTS AND YOU POST ANYTHING FOR SALE, IT WILL BE DELETED.
Forum rules
All may view this forum, only AEVA Members may post here.
4Springs

Post by 4Springs » Tue, 05 Jan 2016, 13:05

AEVA Tas and Nissan would like to offer a group discount to sell the remaining brand new 2012 model Nissan Leafs. This has been arranged through DJ Nissan in Hobart, although I'm sure a discount would also apply to purchasers in other states, given that the cars are not currently in Tasmania.
Please see the attached document for details and make your commitment by 18th January 2016. The more people sign up the lower the price!

Admin Edit: correction of URL
LEAF Bulk Purchase
Last edited by evric on Tue, 05 Jan 2016, 02:38, edited 1 time in total.

4Springs

Post by 4Springs » Tue, 05 Jan 2016, 13:08

Hmmm....
Just read the guidelines, which state that this forum is for private sales only. Hope this one is ok?

evric
Site Admin

Post by evric » Tue, 05 Jan 2016, 13:45

Hi Christopher,

That should be OK, you are are not advertising an item, you are just advising of an offer, which may benefit members.

I don't know what the prices are in other states, but at Unley Nissan (the only LEAF dealer in Adelaide SA), the price is already under $36,000. I don't know whether this includes on-road costs.
Eric
Prius Plug-in Conversion: http://www.evplus.com.au ...Holden Barina EV: http://www.evric.kestar.com.au

4Springs

Post by 4Springs » Tue, 05 Jan 2016, 13:59

evric wrote:I don't know what the prices are in other states, but at Unley Nissan (the only LEAF dealer in Adelaide SA), the price is already under $36,000. I don't know whether this includes on-road costs.
Eric

Interesting.
Yes I reckon the offer will be able to be adjusted to each state. The local charges will be different depending on local circumstances. The strip of water makes a big difference to Tas, costs a boatload to ship stuff over. So my guess is that any discount negotiated can be subtracted from the local list price.

Gabz

Post by Gabz » Tue, 05 Jan 2016, 16:21

I saw this one come in through ACT as well
Nissan has allowed me to offer an additional $2,000 discount on top of the current government fleet discounts entitlement for each vehicle for two or more LEAF orders. So if you know anyone in ACT Gov’t that might be contemplating a LEAF or two please let them know. I have placed the note out there myself so hopefully we gain further interest with this incentive.

Further, I am confident I can offer this to the private sector as well – i.e. $2,000 additional discount for two or more LEAF orders on top of any current fleet discount entitlement – so if you’re aware of any organisation that may be interested please pass on my contact details or feel free to let me know directly. Happy to help out.

Cheers.

Peter

Peter Phillips | Group Fleet Manager | Lennock Motors
interesting idea as something for the AEVA to provide it's members probably could do the same with the PHEV outlander
Corporate Member Recharging NSW Pty Ltd. http://rechargingnsw.com.au/

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Tue, 05 Jan 2016, 16:37

As far as organising group purchases, the AEVA can go a long way to make these EVs a bit more accessible. It takes some high level discussion with dealerships though, and the savings would have to be real. I assume the group buy discounts only apply to 'new' cars?

Currently you can buy ex-demo Leafs from Melville Nissan in WA for ~$27,000. A couple of friends of mine got there's with 9000 km on the clock.

AEVA National Secretary, WA branch chair.

reecho

Post by reecho » Wed, 06 Jan 2016, 00:15

If Nissan took this EV thing seriously they would throw them out at $30k Drive Away.

But they don't......

Ask Nissan how many 2013 built Patrols they have in stock....

HINT: It's a truckload...

Just nimble it.......and move along...... Image

tassie_tiger
Groupie

Post by tassie_tiger » Wed, 06 Jan 2016, 01:41

4Springs wrote: AEVA Tas and Nissan would like to offer a group discount to sell the remaining brand new 2012 model Nissan Leafs. This has been arranged through DJ Nissan in Hobart, although I'm sure a discount would also apply to purchasers in other states, given that the cars are not currently in Tasmania.
Please see the attached document for details and make your commitment by 18th January 2016. The more people sign up the lower the price!

Admin Edit: correction of URL
LEAF Bulk Purchase

Thanks for organising this however I don't see much of a deal.
Nissan themselves had a $1000 rebate on these a year or two ago and as these are even older now...

Also a couple of years ago a dealer in Townsville had a demo one for sub $30,000 - I still regret not snapping that one up! I doubt they were selling at a loss, so Nissan should be able to easily replicate that for a bulk deal.

Vehicle Details
    ===============
    Stock Number: 2019930
    Price: $    $29,990 Drive Away No More to Pay
    Rego: xxxTZM
    Year: 2012
    Make: NISSAN
    Model: LEAF
    KM: 1644
    Colour: GLACIER WHITE
    Body Style: HATCHBACK
    Transmission: Reduction Gear
    Engine Size: L
    Badge:
    Series: ZE0

Transport costs were going to be $1,133.43 from Townsville to Hobart

Like the previous poster said, if they priced them at $30,000 they would be gone within minutes.
Last edited by tassie_tiger on Tue, 05 Jan 2016, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
My hobby interests are EV's and competitions. aeva.asn.au for ev's and www.lottos.com.au for competitions. If your partner complains about you ev'ing, send 'em to lottos!