leaf GPS charging stations

Nissan EV Interest Group
Gabz

Post by Gabz »

guys quick question I'm wondering about where Nissan get there database of charging stations when I got into one of the guys cars from the NSW leaf meet up the caravan park which everyone was charging at was now a chargepoint on his gps.

does your gps but a charge marker down for every place you charge at ? or is because Nissan saw that 6 leafs where charging there so it must be a public charge point ?

if you want to check your gps the location is 2 Bateau Bay Rd, Bateau Bay NSW 2261
Feng
Groupie

Post by Feng »

Hi Gabz,

It was great to meet you yesterday, hope you enjoyed the day as much as we did. I'm pretty sure the places are just stored in the car's GPS and not sent back to Nissan to be broadcasted. Places I've charged at in the past are still stored in mine. If I'm not mistakened the sites listed by Nissan are the same as those on the Chargepoint website.

The only way to be sure is to check with someone who wasn't there to see if it shows up on theirs when they update their stations.
KiegKhan
Groupie

Post by KiegKhan »

I know this is an old thread, but it would be nice to know how Nissan update the location of Charge Stations in CarWings. There are two new Charge Stations near me and they appear on PlugShare.com but not on the Nissan Charger Map.
Maybe they figure people will just use PlugShare so they don't waste effort updating their system. But if you are in your high tech Leaf looking for a charge station it would be nice if it had something close to updated ones listed.
Maybe there is some way to register new charge stations with Nissan?
Leaf'n the ICE age behind