ZS EV boot capacity and long lengths

MG EV Interest Group
FyKnight
Groupie

ZS EV boot capacity and long lengths

Post by FyKnight »

When I was deciding which EV to buy boot size was a big factor for me. My ICE car was an original X-Trail (the blocky one) which has a great flat boot with a lot of room between the wheel wells. I do a fair bit of building / renovation / DIY work and really used that ability. So I actually measured up the boots of the Kona and the (petrol) ZS and happily found the ZS was bigger. The cherry on top was this YouTube video showing how to half pull out the back seats to make the boot flat (well flatter, enough to sleep in there anyway!)

So the ZS EV won my business. It was a pretty easy choice really being $20k cheaper heh.

I thought I wouldn't be able to take long lengths in the ZS EV though, from my measurement it maxed out at about 2.7 m vs the X-Trail's 3.2 m — plenty of materials are 3 m long. But today I'm happy to report that the MG ZS EV can fit a 3 m length. Just got back from Bunnings with half a dozen 3 m lengths of metal in there. It's a tight fit but nothing got bent or scratched. The trick is to put the passenger seat all the way back and tilted back, then angle the lengths so they end at the glass part of the rear window (above the plastic part of the tailgate). It's a lot easier than it sounds.

Hopefully this helps someone else wondering about the ZS EV :)