ResistanceIsFutile
Groupie

Jag EV only from 2025!

Post by ResistanceIsFutile »

smithy2167
Groupie

Re: Jag EV only from 2025!

Post by smithy2167 »

They need to do what they've done for the Landrover lineup and what other manufacturers are doing and introduce more downmarket models. While the iPace is a beautiful car, most buyers are not interested in leather and woodgrain and are looking for something at half the price.

JLR have sunk the costs into developing the iPace platform. Now they need to introduce cut-down models - different body shell, 2WD, smaller battery ... There are rumours of new JLR EV's, but no real details that I've seen.
Dave
2019 Jaguar IPace
2019 Renault Zoe
smithy2167
Groupie

Post by smithy2167 »

Could an Admin please deletes these duplicates. I kept trying to post and kept getting an internal server error, but obviously the messages were going through!

Edited Coulomb: Done. Though I received several SQL errors as well when deleting them. Weird.
Dave
2019 Jaguar IPace
2019 Renault Zoe
ResistanceIsFutile
Groupie

Post by ResistanceIsFutile »

smithy2167 wrote: Thu, 18 Feb 2021, 18:40 Could an Admin please deletes these duplicates. I kept trying to post and kept getting an internal server error, but obviously the messages were going through!
It’s a good point you make though. A number of manufacturers have developed platforms which they are now using to spin of many models. Vw are even licensing their platform to other manufacturers.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

ResistanceIsFutile wrote: Thu, 18 Feb 2021, 19:15
smithy2167 wrote: Thu, 18 Feb 2021, 18:40 Could an Admin please deletes these duplicates. I kept trying to post and kept getting an internal server error, but obviously the messages were going through!
It’s a good point you make though. A number of manufacturers have developed platforms which they are now using to spin of many models. Vw are even licensing their platform to other manufacturers.
The new Ioniq platform is the same sort of deal from what I can tell looking at the leaked information. A sensible approach, change the outside styling a bit between models, option ranges that cover interior, performance, range and 2WD or 4WD, a heap of spin off models without having to develop the base platform for each model.

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn