PIP-5048MK inverter

non-EV Solar, Wind and other renewable power sources
non-EV batteries and other energy storage stuff
Forum rules
Important!
This forum is for discussion of Non-EV matters.
suorama
Noobie

PIP-5048MK inverter

Post by suorama » Sat, 13 Apr 2019, 19:09

MODERATOR NOTES
This topic is for the PIP-5048MK inverter (also called the Axpert King 5K).

We're trying to keep the PIP-4048MS and PIP-5048MS topic to a reasonable size; it's already over 100 pages (2500 posts).

Index

Documentation
Firmware
  • We are not aware of any patched firmware for this model. Firmware is not interchangeable with other models.
    Warning! It is possible to brick these machines by attempting to flash them with firmware intended for other models, such as the PIP-4048MS or PIP-5048MS (e.g. versions 73.00 or 72.20, or patched versions thereof).

END MODERATOR NOTES
====================================

[Post by suorama]

There is a "little" problem with PIP-5048MK (Axpert King) when used parallel. Inverters information cannot collect thru one inverter, like PIP-4048MS.
I contact MPP solar support, and do few tests what they want to me to do. Today I got email where they promise new firmware by end of may.
I hope that helps also others with these new models, if that firmware solve problems. =)

apam
Noobie

Re: PIP-5048MK inverter

Post by apam » Mon, 15 Apr 2019, 05:34

hi, i have same problem with comunication between inverters 5048MK.
I can't disallow charging from utillity. i try to set par 16 for every possibility, but it looks that inverters alwais charging from utillity. do you have same problem?

Robbe01
Noobie

Post by Robbe01 » Mon, 15 Apr 2019, 16:55

yes, exactly, I have the same problem.
The next problem is that switches the 5048MK at exactly 50V to mains voltage. Although point 12 48V are registered. My lithium ion battery never empties than 50V = 3.6V per cell. In addition, with 10A the battery is then charged with mains current. Here, too, is registered in point 11 2A. The inverter has its own life.

Robbe01

suorama
Noobie

Post by suorama » Wed, 17 Apr 2019, 03:05

Yes, there is multiple problems. Or I cannot understand right how they think how inverter should behave.
But I think it is better try to solve problems one by one. Maybe it is easier to them.
I have also problem with PV power or current calculating. Inverters show example 60W PV power, (two gives 24W and 36W. Third has not now connected to PV yet).
But if I look my battery monitor (Victron BMV 700) it shows example 12A charge. Even battery mode and with out AC in.
That seems to be ten times lower value than reality.

At the moment I do not try disallow utility charging. So, I cannot say anything about that yet. But I think, inverter try keep system to run. So maybe battery low level mean something with that? Just guess.

I can keep to try ask questions from them. But as I say, maybe it is better wait and solve these one by one. Because If we put all problems in same time, We do not newer get working firmware out. There is lots of important issues. My first was that I cannot follow my system by remote, what is important to me. Because I need investigate our consumption. After that I decide how much more PV I need and what is reasonable battery capacity.

weber
Site Admin

Post by weber » Wed, 17 Apr 2019, 09:31

Welcome @suorama @apam and @Robbe01. Thanks for your input. I started this new topic for the PIP-5048MK (Axpert King 5K) so your posts don't get lost in the huge PIP-4048/5048MS topic. I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot more about the MK in future.

Yes. Please let your suppliers know about the problems you are having, and ask them to fix them.
One of the fathers of MeXy the electric MX-5, along with Coulomb and Newton (Jeff Owen).