Vic Govt EV Charging Program

Hyundai and Kia Interest Group
ferij
Noobie

Vic Govt EV Charging Program

Post by ferij »

I've provided a link to a publicly available document which lays out the successful applicants to the Vic Govt DCAV program. While all of these are very welcome it's sad to see they are all 50 kW or less. Like all Govt programs they follow with too little too late. Personally I don't believe any new charger should be below 150 and those less than 50 are pretty much useless for travelers, except as emergency stations.
From my locality it is good to see Dartmoor, Portland, Warnambool and Port Fairy get 50s.

https://www.energy.vic.gov.au/__data/as ... -2022.docx

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.
Chuq
Groupie

Re: Vic Govt EV Charging Program

Post by Chuq »

Hey, you'll probably find a bit more discussion in the thread about this in the "Charging Infrastructure" forum - viewtopic.php?f=62&t=7387
ferij
Noobie

Post by ferij »

Thanks Chuq!
RobG
Noobie

Post by RobG »

Drove Melbourne to the Sunshine Coast in January.
Only a single 50 kW charger in each main regional town. Two cables, but one cable was Chademo. Jealous of the multiple Tesla stations (worse when Tesla drivers are using the free NRMA CCS charger and delaying me while Tesla chargers sit empty).

So, Victoria regional towns should either have one 150 kW or maybe three 50 kW to avoid queues.

The multiple 50 kW idea would be to the town's advantage as there would be no queues and it is long enough time for people to explore the town a bit.
I myself intend to return and spend time in some of the towns I recharged at after having walked around and seen things of interest.
Hyundai Kona LE 2019
Zero S 2014